Req ID #: 36922
We are seeking an experienced Senior Director, IT Operations.
The Senior Director, IT Operations will lead the IT Operations team so that it operates and supports IT systems at Charles River in such that they are always available and are performing at a level that meets current and future business requirements. This role is accountable for building and managing the IT Operations team (according to CRL IT management practices), so they are capable of operating and supporting the IT Infrastructure systems. They will monitor systems to pre-empt system failures or degradation and take remedial action before the system fails completely. When a system does fail they are responsible for providing a fix to restore service as quickly as possible. The Senior Director, IT Operations will also be responsible for developing and communicating the goals and 1-3 year strategy for IT operations. This strategy must be aligned to the overall strategy for IT and the Charles River business.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Senior Director, IT Operations position.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S.) or equivalent required: computer sciences degree preferred. MBA or other graduate degree a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years of IT experience required. Life sciences industry experience preferred. Demonstrated experience in a technologically challenging environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Industry certifications that demonstrate IT operations or support experience desirable.
- Other: should be characterized as having great customer focus, having an ability for learning on the fly, being ‘steady under fire’, striving for perfection (continuous improvement), getting it right, being proactive and most importantly be a great manager of people.