Sunovion Pharmaceuticals is looking for a Senior Director, IT Governance to join our IT team in Marlborough, MA.
The Senior Director, IT Governance is responsible for providing the overall leadership and establishing the strategic direction of how IT will operate within a global environment. Specific areas of leadership responsibility include enterprise IT security and compliance management, vendor performance management of IT’s strategic vendor partnerships and the delivery of mission critical services, management of an IT Project Management Office (PMO), defining the IT Strategy, enterprise architecture and digital technology strategy, and the management and oversight of IT financial spending. This position will be required to establish all processes and procedures necessary to support varying levels of services to both Sunovion’s subsidiaries and affiliate companies within DSP. Senior Director, IT Governance will act as a strategic partner to both the business functions as well as the individual departments within IT and provide senior level consulting services on a variety of IT planning and project delivery capabilities. This position and the team under management will stay current on emerging technology trends and be able to provide guidance and direction in the delivery of automated business solutions. This position requires strong communications, planning, and technical knowledge consultative skills to executive and senior level management throughout Sunovion and its partner network.
- Develops strategic plans to ensure successful implementation of the IT enterprise architectural direction. This includes understanding the existing infrastructure in place, identifying emerging technology trends and best practices, especially digital technology advancement, and building a long-term roadmap to allow Sunovion IT to advance on its strategic direction.
- Drive all managed services engagements with Sunovion’s strategic vendor partners. This includes identifying, evaluating, selecting, managing, and monitoring these critical partners. Specific tasks include negotiating complex contracts with annual spend of $1M – $6M per year, managing the performance of these vendors through Service Level Agreements (SLA) with strict monetary penalties when out of compliance, and finding ways to increase the quality of service while maintaining or reducing costs for these services.
- Establishes and maintains the IT Performance Management Framework (PMF) which will allow IT to provide a consistent set of services to the business and company affiliates. This involves creating KPI’s/metrics throughout the core IT processes, analysis of these metrics, and the implementation of action plans to strengthen the success of the IT functions long term operational processes. Additionally, this role needs to establish/maintain a reporting strategy of these KPI’s/metrics to the business that will allow IT to operate in a transparent manner to its customers.
- Define and deliver a security strategy that provides strong protection of data across the enterprise. Critical is defining a security model that protects our cloud and on prem assets with a highlighted focus on data privacy.
- Provide overall leadership for the IT function in IT Policies & Procedures and oversee the processes that assist IT in managing within a compliant environment. This includes the creation of IT SOP’s, policies, and work instructions in support of internal and external audit requests. Has responsibility for IT’s adherence to the growing number of national and international regulations and requirements such as PIPA, GDPR, SOX, NIST, & COBIT.
- Manages a team of director level IT leaders, providing direction on the overall IT operating model, technology services, resource management, and also acts as a point of escalation. In addition to having director level direct reports, this position will also provide overall direction to other functions within IT as well as other subsidiaries and affiliate companies.
- Provides leadership and direction for the IT PMO function which ensures all technology projects have the proper business need, approvals, funding, and overall project oversight through a formal systems governance process.
- Establishes and maintains technology centric financial budgets and forecasts. Manages the actual spend including approval of OpEx and CapEx spending to meet the needs of the corporate demand.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 12+ years of IT/business experience leading and managing a complex IT operational environment with large vendor relationships across a global shared-services environment.
- Ten+ years managing FTE’s ranging from individual contributors to senior director level managers, external consultants, and onsite/offshore outsourced resource teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required with a technical or business concentration preferred.
- Ability to provide leadership direction and partner with IT peers across the global set of companies within an international operation.
- Working knowledge in all areas of technology (infrastructure, commercial applications, software development, end-user platforms, IT pharmaceutical compliance, IT operations).
- Understands how to establish strategic direction and then executes the necessary plans to achieve the strategy and integrate into the operations.
- Expert knowledge and experience managing and negotiating with IT suppliers (hardware, software, services) within a global environment.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively with all levels in the organization, including executive management.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Finance and Sourcing standards and methodologies.
- Working knowledge and experience with project management methodologies (e.g., PMBOK)
- Ability to drive compliance and security architectures based on industry standards (e.g., COBIT, ISO) as well as emerging digital technologies.
- Ability to manage the overall IT processes that directly support merger and acquisition activities within the business.
- Ability to manage a team of diverse staff (security/compliance, enterprise architecture, project management, finance, & vendor management).
- Extensive experience providing project oversight to guide complex large projects on time, within budget while bringing true ROI and value to the business operations.
- Achieve and maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory, SOX, legal and operational rules, and procedures. Ensuring that all plans and activities for and on behalf of Sunovion are carried out with the “best” industry practices and the highest standards.
- Audit Support; documents and provides evidence to external and internal groups of our compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Keeps abreast of emerging compliance regulations and guidelines from external agencies
Confidential Data: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters is considered confidential.
Compliance :Achieve and maintain Compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal and operational rules and procedures, by ensuring that all plans and activities for and on behalf of Sunovion are carried out with the “best” industry practices and the highest ethical standards.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Fast paced environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires a high level of initiative and independence. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Requires ability to use a personal computer for extended periods of time.