Position Overview: Lead IT Finance & Vendor Management in the execution of all financial planning and management reporting requirements and all technology and IT vendors across CAES.Responsible for leading the annual and long-term financial plans, forecasts, budgets, monitoring and analyzing performance to plan, quarterly reforecasting, communicating results to management and disseminating timely and relevant financial data to support decision making. Deliver value added business analyses and introduce process and tools to facilitate a highly efficient and effective analytical planning process. Coordinate the cash management function in the IT department. Responsible for a combination of IT vendor contract, performance relationship and risk management. He or she owns and must understand contractual, commercial and operational working relationships with vendors to ensure effective delivery of committed goods and services.
This position can also be in a Remotelocation.
Leadership and Management
- Provide leadership and set the strategic direction, mission and vision of the IT Finance & Vendor Management capability in alignment with the strategic and operational objectives of the technology organization and the business.
- Develop organizational design and functional roles and responsibilities
- Recruit and manage personnel
- Create and maintain training and performance evaluation materials for resources
- Foster a culture of success through performance targets, one on ones, a clear engagement strategy and regular performance reviews, ensuring that you have the right person in the right role based on his or her skills and competencies.
- Provide training and resources for internal staff members who are charged with executing vendor management activities.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders — including IT and finance, accounting, sourcing and procurement — to develop criteria and best practices.
- Provide assistance to procurement teams to optimize the cost-effectiveness of negotiations and ensure compliance of negotiated agreements to policies and practices
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to strategic objectives
- Manage financial planning process which includes quarterly reforecasting, three (3) year business plan development and annual budget
- Act as project lead for the entire budget process setting timelines, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time
- Ensure necessary models/systems are logically constructed and efficiently deployed to collect the necessary management input in a timely and accurate manner for proper management review and to meet reporting deadlines
- Create, implement and produce a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends and comprehensive level explanations of variances and trends for IPT leads/teams
- Create sophisticated financial models that provide financial analysis and decision support to IPT leads (pricing & margins, working capital management, profitable sale growth)
- Advise IPT leads of opportunities and risks impacting business performance
- Propose potential solutions to complex problems
- Review, analyze and compare monthly and quarterly operating department financial results and key performance indicators against plan and other internal benchmarks, including working capital and cash flow analysis
- Report to and partner with the Director of Finance to ensure the organization is on track to hit its financial goals while maintaining compliance and a high-level of integrity
- Produce and present consolidated financial statements to CFO
- Direct the activities of IT Finance & Vendor Management staff who will support you in the financial management, reporting, and management of IT department and special projects
- Assess, identify and execute cost saving opportunities
Vendor Management Operations
- Establish asset management and tracking process of software and hardware assets including entitlements, install base and true up activities
- Establish and/or approve internal and external policies, standards and processes for vendor interaction.
- Serve as the leadership-level point of contact between the vendor organization and internal customers consuming vendor services and solutions.
- Manage the collection, consolidation and communication of reporting and data on vendor contracts, performance, risk and relationships to key stakeholders and vendors.
- Oversee the maintenance of agreements with vendors, and ensure that they are current/up to date and compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of a repository of vendors in a contract management database or similar solution to track key dates (expirations, renewals) and vendor spend by category
- Classify and rationalize the vendor portfolio so that focus can be applied to the most strategically important vendor relationships/engagements.
- Manage vendor relationships as the key point of contact between specified vendors and the business and serve as a point of escalation for vendor issues and disputes, and drive those issues to resolution.
- Manage the communication process with vendors, including what information should be communicated, when and by whom, to ensure that appropriate leverage is preserved.
- Oversee the measurement and reporting of vendor performance, including the development of evaluation tools based on constituent requirements, and the creation of scorecards and dashboards that will accurately present this data.
- Ensure that the metrics used to evaluate performance are properly tied to business outcomes and bias-free, and that the associated communications around these metrics are clear.
- Maintain vendor risk assessments or risk registers in cooperation with risk, privacy, business continuity and security teams (where applicable).
- Partner with other areas of the business (procurement, finance) to track and report on vendor financial viability, business continuity, and corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Provide oversight to vendor audits where required; arrange and direct departmental activities and schedules
- 10-15 years Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Travel up to 25%
- US Citizenship
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government securityinvestigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Leadership behaviors and skill-sets are key to being successful in this role
- Ability to manage large teams and strong project management skills
- Experience in U.S. multi-national public company; working knowledge of US GAAP in areas of responsibility
- Diverse experience in manufacturing company (background in cost accounting or operations financepreferred)
- Experience working with SAP, Hyperion HFM, or other Enterprise systems is helpful
- Experience effectively operating in a matrix environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) experience is desired
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or professional certification preferred:
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- Certified Technology Procurement Executive (CTPE)
- Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA)