Another Source’s client, Stanford University, is recruiting a Senior Director, End User Experience to join the University IT (UIT) Organization.
Here’s a little about Stanford University IT and the position they are recruiting for:
Do you have a passion for leading and inspiring teams focused on delivering a delightful client experience? Does strategic technology leadership get you up in the morning? Do you want to work on a senior leadership team that values innovating with purpose, being bold, and operating with excellence in support of Stanford University and its global mission?
In University IT at Stanford University, we strive to make our client’s experience with technology a priority. The End User Experience organization (EUX) seeks a Senior Director who will expand on the successes of the current workgroups while partnering with the leadership team of Client Experience and Solutions (CXS) in delivering a growing portfolio of services and critical initiatives.
As the Senior Director of EUX, reporting to the Executive Director of CXS, you will lead a dynamic set of end-user facing and core services that have institution-wide impacts.
With the support of University IT leadership, you will:
- Provide strategic end-user facing technology service leadership across Stanford. Collaborate with leaders and users across Stanford University, Stanford Medicine, and SLAC National Laboratory.
- Set the strategic direction for multiple lines of Stanford end-user facing technology services. Lead the enterprise service desk, desk-side support, hardware management services, as well as, mobile and paging support services. Establish relationships at all levels of leadership from across Stanford and peer institutions to best understand and lead services, based on client needs and technology trends.
- Lead and empower highly engaged teams of IT professionals, business analysts, support personnel, and leaders. Emphasize the importance of diversity and inclusion and build an affirming environment for your teams to grow and thrive in. Lead groups to a high level of employee morale and organizational efficiency through open communication.
- Collaborate with other leaders in defining the overarching user experience and service delivery strategy for UIT. Stress the value of cooperative inter-departmental relationships throughout UIT and IT at Stanford.
- Stay informed about and integrate with strategic and emerging technologies. Use opportunities for change as new players, technologies, and processes emerge in a rapidly changing industry.
- Manage a complex budget and cost recovery model. Creatively deliver high-value services and steward Stanford’s financial resources.
Education & experience (required):
Bachelor's degree and ten years of increasingly technical work experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience. Must have substantial managerial experience in formulating, planning, leading, directing, and controlling a complex, broad, and highly technical function
Knowledge, skills and abilities (required):
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate constituencies which could span multiple organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability leading, planning, and supporting an innovative environment, with staff working on a wide variety of technical activities.
- Ability to implement and sustain organizational initiatives, aligning organizational goals with University IT goals and vision.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions using good business judgment and innovative and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial, organizational, and staff resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to cultivate professional and business partnerships.
- Relevant subject matter expertise.