McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Director, Investment Research Lead - Aerospace, Defense & GovCon
As a thought leader in Aerospace, Defense & GovCon investments, you will aid in the identification, development, and execution of senior secured finance and capital markets transactions in the Aerospace, Defense & Govcon (including sponsor and direct cash flow financing). Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively work with coverage bankers, management and capital markets team to identify, research and profile prospects in the Aerospace, Defense & GovCon sectors.
- Assist with the development, implementation and execution of a strategy to become a significant provider of financial services to the lodging and leisure sectors.
- Prepare various analyses for prospect identification, due diligence and credit committees.
- Develop and maintain industry driver and valuation models for various subsectors.
- Support deal screening, due diligence, and internal credit approval processes, including development of investment theses and underwriting assumptions.
- Assist in evaluating risk/return dynamics for proposed transactions.
- Support Investment Research Group efforts in other forums, including, but not limited to portfolio and industry reviews.
- Provide support to Capital Markets through interactions with institutional investors.
- Contribute to all aspects of idea generation efforts, including industry analyses, discussion of opportunities within spaces and identification of potential targets to key industry stakeholder, private equity, and strategic investors
- Responsibilities commensurate with experience; long-term opportunity to increase exposure with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 7 years' experience in Aerospace, Defense & Govcon (Equity Research or Investment Banking or Private Equity or Venture Capital)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree in relevant field preferred or CFA designation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Must be able to write and present in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
- Strong financial modelling and analysis skills
- Execution oriented and self-motivator
- Ability to work cross-functionally and within a team environment
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com
. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).Who We Are
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.