The Director/Senior Director, International Tax will be responsible for maintaining an efficient tax structure that is aligned with the company’s strategic short term and/or long term objectives as well as monitoring and ensuring the Company is in compliance with all U.S. and Non-U.S. tax laws, including those requirements related to cross-border and other activities conducted outside of the U.S. This role will be involved with all aspects of a global tax environment including, but not limited to international taxation (across 40+ countries), tax planning, controversy, risk management, transfer pricing (intercompany reporting), financial reporting of income taxes, and local and global deal support. Establishing and maintaining tax policy, providing technical guidance and training, and reviewing results to ensure proper adherence to policy. Partnering with business development and legal to provide efficient and effective tax-optimized structures/alternatives to consider as the company moves forward with its strategic business growth objectives. The development of effective working relationships with management, as well as finance and other operating personnel, located throughout the world is required.
- Responsible for managing the International and U.S. compliance reporting related to Non-U.S. entities to ensure all reporting obligations are satisfied completely, accurately and timely.
- Managing a global team based in the US, India, Mexico, and Romania.
- Establish and maintain the global tax policy, provide technical guidance and training, and review results to ensure proper adherence to policy.
- Support the tax accounting provision process for international operations under ASC 740 on a quarterly basis, including the calculation of the tax consequences of GILTI/BEAT/FDII, reporting of international income tax contingencies, and return to provision true-up reviews.
- Maintaining an efficient tax structure that is aligned with the company’s strategic short term and/or long term objectives
- Identify, evaluate, and advise management on the international income tax consequences of legislative developments, as well as current and proposed transactions.
- Identify, research, and implement tax planning strategies related to the repatriation of foreign earnings, minimization of Subpart F, GILTI, and BEAT tax implications from nonUS activities and effective utilization of foreign tax credits with overall goal of reducing the Company’s cash taxes.
- Assist/support the international tax component of the Company’s IRS audits. Review scope of audit with agents, manage IDR responses, identify issues and resolutions favorable to the Company, and negotiate with agents to resolve issues. Also, aid in the management of foreign taxaudits, especially on issues related to cross-border transactions. Determine areas of tax exposure and manage risks associated with these taxaudits, keeping senior management apprised of potential liability, and ensuring that reserves are adequate.
- Liaison with tax advisors and NTT DATA, Inc.’s operating groups to maintain proper levels of documentation in support of various tax related attributes, including earnings and profits, foreign taxes paid, book and tax differences.
- Special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA and Masters of Taxation or LLM in Tax are preferred
- 15+ years’ experience in large corporate tax environments, mix of industry and public accounting preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles, corporate tax law and Microsoft Office suite of applications
- The ability to manage multiple, large projects/processes
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Masters in Accounting or LLM or CPA
- 15+ years of combined firm and industry experience
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
Req ID: 48548