The Sr. Director International Franchise is responsible for delivering key business metrics across all international franchise markets, including retail sales, wholesale sales, and EBIT. The Sr. Director is responsible for developing, leading and managing team of International DFOs. He/She is also responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with international franchisees.
The Sr. Director maintains consistent contact with international franchisees to align on strategies and business plans, and to identify and develop new ideas. He/she manages a field team of DFOs, and leads and manages to ensure the successful implementation of strategies and initiatives – helping prioritize as needed. This position is a key partner with International Operations, and International Functional Heads (Merchandising, Wholesale, Legal, PD, and Science).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Key liaison between GNC and franchise partners.
- Analyzes partner and market KPIs, markets trends, regional trends – to help define opportunities and priorities, and to develop strategies and create action plans.
- Participates in strategy development to drive business results in international franchise markets.
- Leads Strategic Alignment Meetings and conducts strategic market visits to support key strategies, initiatives and priorities
- Develops and manages franchisee relations through individual, and/or group venues (e.g Franchise Council).
- Helps manage thorough challenges and obstacles related to Franchise Partners.
- Works with DFO's and Director of International Operation Services to create meaningful and consistent franchise relations programs, and adequate touch points and interactions with the franchisees.
- Develops and manages DFO team; provides direction on market priorities and ensures markets are supported adequately with visits, monthly ops calls and ongoing communications.
- Helps DFOs prioritize market travel and to ensure it supports business priories and stays on budget; provides DFOs support and guidance on prioritizing markets and initiatives.
- Oversee agreement renewals and modifications of agreements, partnering with International Ops and Legal.
- Leverages CSC key functional partners to develop and align on programs impacting partner operations (e.g. promotions, incentives, etc.) Represents GNC to achieve partner buy in for programs, events and promotions.
- Participates in monthly strategic partner operations calls.
- Helps prioritize needs across functional departments (e.g. PD).
- Provides leadership, influence and coaching to franchisees, DFOs and internal stakeholders.
- Manages team of 6 DFOs.
10-15 years International franchise experience
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions across multiple functions, varied levels
- Demonstrated leadership through coaching and change management
- International and retailexperience
- Experience managing and leading others
- Self-starter and self-sufficient
- Advance computer skills required to prepare reports, presentations, analysis and various correspondence.
- Analytical ability to interpret data and create insights for new ideas
- Executive level business acumen.