Senior Director, Industry Strategies (Manufacturing / Automotive)
The Senior Director, Industry Strategies (Manufacturing / Automotive) will own the development and execution of the regional go to market plan for the industry. This includes collaboration with regional sales leaders, sales and pre-sales, marketing and business development to develop strategic initiatives that will achieve the industry segment revenue goals. This is a leadership role where you will be expected to perform market research, develop industry point of view, deliver customer executive briefings, present thought-leaderships in conferences/events, explore innovation opportunities, and all other initiatives that position JDA as the supply chain leader in the industry, as well as supporting the field execution where necessary to win opportunities and deliver customer satisfaction.
A qualified candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of direct experience in the manufacturing or automotive industry or relevant enterprise software industry, involved in manufacturing, distribution, logistics, or supply chain transformation initiatives.
- Identify market trends and growth opportunities for JDA
- Develop points of view that promote JDA’s leadership, competitive advantage and values delivered to the customers
- Provide advisory role to the regional sales leaders and their teams to maximize market opportunities, win competitive pursuits and increase win rates
- Selectively participate in sales cycles to deliver executive briefings, develop customer-specific point of view, identify business case, develop account strategies, and provide necessary support to win.
- Build and deliver disruptive messages/pitches
- Promote JDA’s leadership in the industry by working collaboratively with marketing to develop themes, whitepapers, and launch campaigns, as well as participating and presenting in conferences/ tradeshows.
- Develop and foster executive relationships with customers
- Demonstrated experience in the manufacturing or automotive industry
- Effective communicator, public-speaker and story-teller
- Ability to deliver visionary, thought-leadership and value-driven points of view
- Ability to engage in discovery/exploratory conversations and quickly identify opportunities
- Ability to identify opportunities from annual reports, investor presentations, trends, and news
- Knowledge of enterprise software solutions, particularly WMS, TMS, Forecasting, Replenishment, Manufacturing Planning
- Have experience or viewpoint about AI/Machine Learning applications to use in the supply chain
- Creative and effective with PowerPoint
- Demonstrates independence in action, decision making, goal oriented and driven
- Motivated, confident, self-sufficient and able to contribute from day one
- Inspirational and aspirational leader that can provide mentoring/coaching
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication, problem solving, diplomacy and influencing skills especially to operate in a matrix organization
- Comfortable to facilitate cross-functional/matrix collaboration efforts
- Effective in leveraging a variety of resources in order to get the job done
- Requires a “do whatever it takes” commitment to achieve the success of JDA, its associates and the respective communities