Reporting directly to VP Security Platform Engineering, the Senior Director, Identity Services will be responsible for guiding overall architecture, engineering and implementation of Identity & Access Management (IAM) solutions for globally dispersed businesses, personnel and customers. We are looking for an innovative visionary bringing advanced knowledge and passion for solving problems via automation with a strong background in Access Management and Authentication implementations. This role works with IAM architects, application developers, administrators, consultants, and vendors to build, configure, test, and implement access management solutions that meet the enterprise's business needs and are aligned and consistent with enterprise IT strategies. The role requires the ability to be influential and persuasive.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Senior Director of Identity Services, you will:
- Be a People Leader: manage a diverse team of technical leaders and engineers located on-site and remote with varied skills and experience levels. Coach and mentor current and future leaders within the team, be responsible for identifying individual training needs proactively, conduct performance reviews and maintain a healthy team culture
- Be a Project Leader: train/coach team members in project delivery. Strategically plan, design and implement software to deliver value to customers, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be a Technical Leader: implement best practices as a knowledge expert in SDLC, object-oriented software design, business intelligence, testing and release, working in an agile framework and being an advocate for agility within the team and with stakeholders.
- Be an efficient Stakeholder Manager: collaborate and engage with external and internal stakeholders such as business teams and product owners in defining road map for products and processes. Act as point of contact in resolving stakeholder issues
- Be Customer-Driven: deliver quality solutions that make workflows and analytics easy for our customers to integrate while continuing to serve their needs.
- Be a Decision Maker: make quick and effective data-driven decisions, with good problem solving and analytical skills to infer qualitative and quantitative data and roll-out strategy that aligns with company goals.
- Focus on quality, continuous improvement, and technical standards – keep service focus on reliability, performance, and scalability while driving productivity and software development/architecture improvements. Prepare technical specifications and align with industry best practices.
- Be a strategist: architect, lead and design solutions for managing aspects of Identity, Access Management, Certificate management, Identity Operations, Directory services and Single Sign-On for Thomson Reuters enterprise environment. Including the development and promulgation of Thomson Reuters global IAM strategy and roadmap.
- Be the Subject matter expertise: developing best practices around standardized management of access controls.
- Supports critical functions: as IAM tech deployment group, operations group, data governance and service delivery functions for the IAM Program
- Be a Technical Leader: Lead oversight of the IAM program governance, policy, policy oversight and success metrics for Identity Services including provisioning/de-provisioning workflows, Analytics, Privileged Accounts, Single Sign-On, Directory, and API Management and lead the development, implementation and management of relevant metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the all the Identity services.
- Develop IAM Security Compliance: identify and assess program risks, evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls. Work with delivery partners to remediate findings.
- Be an efficient Stakeholder Manager: Work closely with enterprise business leaders, technology partners to gain support for the program vision and influence adoption and prioritization for the global IAM program across all regions and business lines throughout Thomson Reuters to drive deep integration into Infrastructure and Application Development organizations.
You're a fit for the role of Senior Director Identity Services if you have:
- 10+ years experience in the Information Security field
- Experience in rolling out modern Authentication - Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) solutions such as RSA SecurID, Federation, ADFS, Phone-as-a-token methods, FIDO compliant MFA, OAuth, One-time password (OTP); Mobile Push and Social login
- Used Virtual Directory Service (VDS) to implement enhanced Authentication and coarse-grained authorization controls
- Authentication capability for cloud-based applications and infrastructure
- Advanced biometric authentication capabilities such as fingerprint scanning, retina, voice recognition, facial recognition
- Ability to think strategically, balancing long and short-term priorities
- Experience working in Azure and AWS
- Strong authentication and access management background including working knowledge of PKI, SSO, VDS, Biometrics, MFA and modern Authentication
What's in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth - the ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more; we offer learning opportunities for everyone