The Senior Human Resources Director, Fluid Milk and Ice Cream (FMIC) will act as a strategic HR partner to the Senior Vice President FMIC.
This role reports to the Vice President, Human Resources and works directly with the Fluid Milk and Ice Cream functional and business leaders and their teams. The Senior HR Director will champion and deliver HR programs and processes that support DFA’s business strategy and values. As a member of the HR Leadership Team the Senior HR Director will influence the strategy and capability of the HR function.
This role will deliver business aligned, value adding solutions across a range of HR areas including: talent management, learning and development, employee engagement, employee relations, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, and strategic workforce planning.
Additionally, this role will support the integration of people processes and technology for newly acquired businesses and due diligence of potential acquisitions, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with leaders to build a People Plan that is aligned with DFA HR strategy, underpins and supports the Fluid Milk and Ice Cream business strategies, and delivers a competitive advantage though people
- Develops measures of success for the People Plan, tracks progress and works with the senior leadership team to progress initiatives
- Leads the People agenda in Fluid Milk and Ice Cream
- Is a strategic partner and trusted adviser to the Fluid Milk and Ice Cream senior business leaders on all people and culture related matters
- Works collaboratively with the central Human Resources teams to ensure alignment and positive execution of all current DFA human resources strategy, policies and procedures
- Consistently provides input to the improvement of HRprocesses and systems
- Identifies the current and future Talent needs of their client groups
- Using the agreed DFA Talent Management framework, develops strategies to meet talent needs across Acquisition, Talent and Succession Identification and Management
- Assess talent and pipeline risks and needs across the business in conjunction with the leadership team and ensure robust talent management to create a sustainable pipeline of talent for the Division
- Identifies critical roles and manage the succession planning process in the client area to ensure quality leaders are identified and developed and successions gaps are covered
- Assesses the leadership bench strength of the client area and identify critical gaps
- Partners with the Talent and Organization Development team to design and deliver leadership development interventions that build the capability of leaders in the client group
Learning and Development:
- Identifies individual and team development needs and develop a capability map and plans to improve capability, working collaboratively with operational leaders and the Talent and Organization Development team
- Facilitates the annual performance process across the client group/s
- Delivers coaching and support leaders to provide regular, candid performance feedback and ensure all employees have a targeted development plan
- Educates leaders on the importance of differentiating individual performance
Culture and Employee Engagement:
- Works with leaders to create a compelling vision of the future to build employee engagement and create an environment where employees feel safe, happy and well
- Identifies innovative ways to continue to evolve and embed DFA’s culture across the employee life cycle to deliver a positive employee experience to everyone
- Manages the annual compensation and bonus review with the client group/s, using the DFA framework and delivering within budget
- Manages “off cycle” compensation and bonus requests
Employee and Labor Relations:
- Provides coaching to leaders within the business on employee and team issues
- Partners with the ER team, when needed to recommend appropriate action and resolve complex cases and disputes
Diversity and Inclusion:
- Develops and champions the diversity and inclusion objectives with the client team to ensure D&I commitments are delivered
- Coaches and guides leaders to understand how D&I strategies and actions contribute to business success
Business Integration and Change:
- Promotes proactive change management within the business focusing on both the process and the human aspect of change
Organization design and strategic workforce planning:
- Works with leadership team/s to identify the future workforce capability requirements for the business to sustain strategic imperatives
- Builds a strategic workforce plan that outlines actions to attract, develop, and retain top talent for business success
- Reviews and recommends the optimal organization design of the client group to enable delivery on the business strategy
Team Leadership (as appropriate):
- Builds and manages a high performing team who deliver on people plan initiatives
- Creates and maintains a positive work climate by defining and communicating a compelling vision of the future
- Conducts quality performance and development conversations and provides regular feedback to support professional growth
- Builds the capability and profile of all team members
We are seeking a top HR talent to join our team and are willing to consider someone who is ready to step up in their career. We are looking for;
- A self-starter with high energy levels; someone who is proactive, dynamic, and makes things happen.
- An intelligent, decisive, self-confident and results-oriented individual with good people judgement.
- An effective collaborator and relationship builder, able to get results through influencing. A sought-after adviser.
- Able to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of various HR solutions to reach an informed decision.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively
- Can live and breathe our DFA Values: Integrity, Passion, Accountability, Quality, Innovation and Community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- 10-15+ years of progressive HR experience
- Experience working in a best practice HR environment is critical
- Preferred experience leading HR team in a manufacturing environment
Req Num: req7719