Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Director, Human Resources ConsultingABOUT CAPITAL ONE
From its founding days, Capital One has been on a quest to build a franchise. That required a bold vision and an unwavering commitment to the customer. We have made a number of franchise enhancing choices over the last 25 years. Building a brand. Buying banks. Building a national bank. Going all-in on technology and digital. Re-imagining the customer experience, and serving them with ingenuity and humanity.
At Capital One, we embrace the idea that we do well as a company by doing good in the communities we serve. From our inception, we have sought to address the long-term health and sustainability of our communities, especially those that are struggling to adapt to a changing economy or recovering from decades of disinvestment. We're working to design products, services and programs that deliver impact today and tomorrow. To make our customers' and associates' lives better. To envision and drive toward what our world could be. To change banking and our communities for good.Are you interested in joining a team of best-in-class HR Consulting leaders in our Financial Services Business, based in Plano, TX who enable game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our associates?
Here at Capital One, you have the opportunity to work in an environment in which the business truly values the strategic HR partnership. If you have a passion for shaping the overall people strategy for the business and want to be part of a winning team, then look no further!
Our HR team brings data, analytics, and insights to shape talent decisions and strategy at Capital One. The team is comprised of people with diverse skills and backgrounds including consultants and strategists, HR specialists, data analysts and engineers, product managers, data scientists, business analysts, economists, and IO-psychologists. Our team culture is start-up like (fast-moving, innovative) inside a Fortune 100 company.
Capital One provides a fast paced, dynamic environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and one of the best companies to work for.About this HRC opportunity
Ideal Candidate will:
- Provide strategic HR consulting to our Financial Services' client groups (led by MVP/SVP/EVP) to include organizational and job design expertise and local strategy development.
- Responsible for HR strategy development, assessment of HR needs in the business, and partnership with business to deliver HR services to organization.
- Knowledge of HR offerings and services and ability to influence the outcome of leader decisions.
- Establishes credibility with clients and HR partnerships to allow for delivering valuable services to the business.
- Coaches executives on skills and leadership styles across Financial Services.
Traits we seek:
- Understand business strategy and create the appropriate HR plans to address business specific goals. Coordinate activities with HR partners to fulfill upon plans.
- Implement core HR processes across a client group (performance management, associate survey, talent management, recruiting, associate relations).
- Provide Executive coaching and counsel to senior leaders in the client group.
- Manage others, projects and project managers to deliver customized HR solutions to provide value to the FS business.
- Collaborate with other HR partners on development of HR strategy, processes and policies.
- Provide innovative and creative solutions to senior executives with a willingness to push and challenge for transformative work
- Work with cross-functional teams to shape talent strategy and products
- Leverage data and analysis to solve complex business and talent problems
- Influence partners and key stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Develop strategic frameworks to frame business problems
- Exceptional integrated thinking skills, using logical, structured and data driven approaches
- Superior problem solving competencies leveraging data to inform, influence and drive to decisions
- Well managed delivering high quality work, prioritizing ruthlessly and leveraging people, tools and technology to drive results
- Leads others with empathy and compassion while caring deeply for people
- Values innovation and obsessed with ways to create real impact and drive change
- Growth Mindset; enjoys and seeks out new challenges that stretch them
- Recognizes the value of diverse perspectives; relies on debate and discussion to challenge their own views and the status quo
- Great people leader who motivates and elevates others
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of client facing experience or at least 10 years of strategy consulting experience or at least 10 years of a combination of both
- At least 5 years of experience in project or change management
Capital One will not consider sponsoring applicants for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, Economics, Science, or Engineering
- Professional Human Resources Certification or Senior Professional Human Resources certification or Coaching certification
- At least 12 years of client facing experience or 10 years of consulting experience or a combination
- At least 12 years of experience in Human Resources or Human Capital Consulting
- At least 5 years of experience in people management
- At least 5 years of experience in strategic consulting
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com
. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).Who We Are
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.