The Senior Director, HRBP is personable, relatable, and can establish strong relationships with executives and other business leaders to foster an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's strategy, objectives, culture and competitive landscape. This role is also responsible for administering Magic Leap's employee relations ("ER") and HR compliance programs and handles complex, high-risk or sensitive employee relations cases while ensuring the Company's compliance with federal, state, and local labor & employment laws.
Core duties and responsibilities include individually performing and leading a team that performs the following:
- Designing and implementing strategic vision on aligning HR with the Company's business objectives
- Analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the HR Centers of Excellence ("COEs") to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Working hand-in-hand with business leaders to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Providing guidance and input on business unit restructuring, workforce planning, and managing the succession planning process
- Providing employee relations support, guidance and direction to the business leaders and other employees
- Providing expertise and case management of ER issues from initial intake to resolution, received from through any intake channel including managers and other employees and, when appropriate, conducting investigations by gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws, policies and past practice to reach conclusions, and recommend management actions. Partnering with Legal Counsel, Internal Audit, and other investigative bodies, as necessary
- Providing expertise, consultation, guidance and coaching to business leaders to line managers in addressing employee behavior and performance concerns; provide guidance and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions, and which aligns with company approach, practices, and processes.
- Collaborating and partnering with COEs, Legal Counsel and related organizations to achieve high quality, seamless HR support, and create a seamless HR experience for our business leaders, managers and employees
- Maintain required documentation, including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports.
- Partner with the talent acquisition and employee engagement teams to develop positive and proactive new hire and employee initiatives
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior HRBP members
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of 12+ years of progressively responsible strategic HR experience in in a high-growth technology environment, with demonstrable experience handling employee relations matters such as discrimination and harassment complaints and at least 5+ years supervising 2 or more other HR professional-level employees.
- Able to see the "big picture" and design, build, and execute on strategic plans in furtherance of achieving companywide objectives.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience partnering and influencing senior leadership, including executives
- Broad HR Generalist knowledge and high-level knowledge of relevant employment law, e.g., Title VII, FLSA (EPA), ADEA, ADA, FMLA, GINA, and relative state and local laws throughout the United States but particularly Florida, California, Texas, and Washington.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity, multiple priorities, and constantly changing scenarios. Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment a must.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, practices, procedures and business plan
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve delivery of services.
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance on day-to-day work and deliverables.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- PHR/SPHR professional designation preferred.