The Role The Senior Director, Americas Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) has strategic and operational regional responsibility to partner with Senior Leadership of Hitachi Consulting’s Americas business on all Human Capital Management activities.
The Sr Dir HRBP will be aligning with the HR Centers of Excellence (COE) to bring forward the voice of the business to proactively drive an integrated delivery of value-added service to management and employees.
This individual will work with business leaders to assess, anticipate, facilitate and inspire organizational and people related strategies to align and enable both short and long-term business direction and provide solutions and recommendations.
The Sr Dir HRBP will be well versed in the region’s financial position, its mid-range plans, culture, and competition and will draw upon their professional depth and breadth, as well as ability to influence and inspire (requiring exceptional communication skills) to measurably contribute to and accelerate the achievement of our business objectives.
The Sr Dir, HRBP Americas is a participating member of multiple leadership teams, including the Americas Operations and Delivery Leadership Teams and Global Human Capital Management Leadership team and has extensive experience and expertise acquired by working in multiple, high-quality environments and HR organizations where HR played an integral role in the execution of the business strategy.
- Proactively work with senior and executive leaders (serving as a both expert and consultant) to identify, align, and drive strategic HR priorities and human capital efforts to business objectives, to effect continual improvement in productivity, development and retention of people within the organization
- Provide guidance and expertise on organizational design and alignment, change management, culture development, and succession planning
- Liaise with the COEs and direct the human capital activities for the Americas business including talent acquisition, learning and development, total rewards and recognition, employee relations, and performance management
- Drive and influence strategic organizational and human capital discussions with leaders and HR COEs in order to evolve and align HR programs and operations within the business
- Manage a group of the “next generation” of the HR Business Partner (responsible for the care, feeding, and development required to build a world class team), working side-by-side with their business units or functional executives driving organizational effectiveness, drawing upon extensive business and HR acumen to provide advice and counsel as a partner to the business leaders and client group, setting objectives and being held accountable for results
- Work closely with the business leaders to ensure the people are aligned to the size and shape of the business
- As a member of the global HCM Leadership team, help develop and drive the realization of the roadmap and strategy for and implementing human capital programs and initiatives globally and regionally
- Facilitate and lead talent, performance calibration and succession planning discussions with leadership teams
- Bring data, analytics, benchmark and industry knowledge to business discussions
- Act as the point of escalation for all people matters in the Americas
- Enthusiastic team player and change agent, driven to create a positive work environment and strong culture
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills; able to work effectively across all levels within the organization while inspiring action, building relationships and achieving results
- Strong consultative and diagnostics skills; excellent strategic planner. Innovative and decisive problem-solver with the ability to assess a situation, identify the issues, and create and implement clear, actionable human capital plans
- Ability to maintain composure and productivity in a fast-paced environment; flexible and adaptable, an individual who embraces change and challenges and has a passion for improvement
- Business acumen, knowledge, professionalism; understands all aspects of how our business operates; able to develop and articulate the value proposition of a new process or program
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and coach and mentor leaders and employees at senior and executive levels
- Data driven and savvy with metrics and analytics, highly detail-oriented
- Ability to scale up and down, managing small to large teams
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 10-15+ years progressive HR management experience in fast paced and global environments
- Strong working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including but not limited to compensation practices, organizational diagnosis and design, learning and development, employee relations, and performance and talent management
- Organizational Development and Change Management experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving approaches as well as strong process, communication, and project management skills
- An understanding of U.S. HR practices and deep employee relations expertise
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- HR leadership experience at the director level or above in a professional services or high tech organization
- Master’s degree
- M&A experience a plus
- An understanding of Canadian and / or South American HR practices a plus