About the Role
In FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring organization, we focus on our clients’ strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional opportunities faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders.
We are currently seeking a Senior Director for our rapidly growing Human Capital / HR Transformation Services (HRTS) practice. We combine deep technical expertise in the HR function, compensation, and benefits space to help our clients make informed decisions, focusing on organizational and HR issues that materially impact enterprise valuation and mitigate risk.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Director in HRTS, you will collaborate with our clients and internal project teams across the entire deal life cycle. You will use your strategic style and HR Transformation expertise in the following areas:
- Performance Improvement (non-M&A): perform current state assessments of the HR function (people, process, technology) to identify:
- Areas for investment, such as new HR technology, new HR roles to fill talent gaps, or new vendors.
- Areas for operational improvement, such as redesigning hire-to-retire processes, repurposing existing HR roles and responsibilities, or configuring HR systems for better automation of processes.
- Areas for cost reduction, such as changes to compensation and benefits plan designs or funding mechanisms, headcount redundancies (within the HR function or across the enterprise), HR outsourcing or offshoring strategies.
- Merger Integrations (post-sign): identify synergies within the HR functions, compensation and benefits programs, provide Integration Management Office support and design the target operating model.
- Carve-Outs (post-sign): set up a new HR function for the standalone business, including designing the target operating model (people, process, technology) of the HR function, payroll / HRIS, compensation and benefits programs.
- Conduct current state assessments, develop recommendations, and design/build solutions for transformation initiatives.
- Support the broader build out of the FTI HR Transformation Practice.
How You’ll Grow
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance and expand your Human Capital / HR Transformation Services profile and background. You will partner with our diverse clients and internal teams in various industries to continue to learn and grow in new and complex areas and technologies. Beyond HR Transformation Services, this position will also have the unique opportunity to work on IPO Readiness, Merger Integrations and Carve-Out (M&A) engagements as they arise in order to gain a variety of skills towards becoming a more well-rounded practitioner.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in an industry role or HR consulting, preferably from the Big 4 or other reputable management consulting firm
- Minimum 4 years’ experience leading multiple engagements simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR functions & processes, with experience in one or more of the following areas: HR Strategy, HR Operating Models, HR Mergers & Acquisition (M&A), HR Outsourcing Advisory, and HR Technology
- Knowledge of HR Shared Services, HR Technology, and HR IPO readiness preferred
- Some knowledge or experience related to compensation and benefit plans and M&A preferred, but not required
- Strong leadership, financial, analytical, communication and organizational skills in managing HR consulting workstreams end-to-end required
- A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance