The Senior Director, HR Program Support is a critical senior HR role, which is responsible for the management and delivery of the HR portfolio. This team will deliver against the HR requirements of the key Walgreens transformation initiatives, ensuring a cohesive talent strategy & HR outcomes are achieved. The role is responsible for providing the vision, direction, strategy, tactics, and operational excellence to support effective program delivery across all business units. The role will cover all HR aspects for all of the key programs across the Company, ensuring successful delivery of programs through consultation and liaising of appropriate stakeholders in partnership with HR Business Partners and COE’s within Walgreens. The role will drive process improvements, best practices and serve as the subject matter expert in resource and capacity allocation within HR.
- Envisions, guides, deploys and measure strategic and tactical HR solutions for all assigned divisions and business units.
- Provides guidance, direction, coaching, and counseling to a team of Human Resources Business Partners to engrain and deploy HR best practices and solutions for the business units that they support.
- Collaborates with senior executives to assess current, interim, and future HR needs and manpower forecasting to ensure a balance between optimal and peak staffing and effective cost management.
- Partners with HR shared services functions, such as Total Rewards, Employee Relations and Organizational Effectiveness, to leverage service delivery opportunities and reduce administrative processes that are not either compliance or policy driven.
- Counsels senior stakeholders on all aspects of HR implications involved in restructurings, re-organizations, new business opportunities, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and divestitures. Ensures that subordinate team members are actively engaged in the process, as well as other HR shared services groups, to ensure delivery of services and solutions within project timelines.
- Models HR service and solution requirements against current and future operating requirements and allocates/seeks additional resources to exceed client expectations. Ensures that HR staffing model effectively meets both retail and non-retail operational requirements.
- Aligns HR services and solutions activities, plans, and programs with the Division’s strategic plan to ensure that all supporting services strengthens achievement of divisional/corporate objectives, both short- and long-term, in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that the employee relations and employee engagement in the division are constantly monitored and improvement opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Ensures that employee relations are positive and support a culture of self-representation. Proactively deploys tools and resources to address adverse employee relations/engagement trends.
- Develops and deploys effective metrics and performance expectations and addresses both positive and negative trends. Identifies sources of positive trends and implements/shares best practices across the HR function.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least eight (8) years experience in Human Resources which must have included at least three of these major areas within HR such as HR generalist, total rewards, staffing, employee relations, organizational development/effectiveness, labor relations, and/or talent acquisition, etc., OR High School Diploma/GED and at least eleven (11) years experience in Human Resources which must have included at least three of these major areas within HR such as HR generalist, total rewards, staffing, employee relations, organizational development/effectiveness, labor relations, and/or talent acquisition, etc.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience leading and implementing change activities that facilitates innovation, enhanced employee relations, operational excellence, and competitive advantage.
- Develops resources to measure and report on attainment of such activities.
- Experience interacting with and influencing decisions of senior leaders based upon implications of human resources strategies and programs.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with team members at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience developing a project plan, including charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, etc.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- At least five (5) years experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least five (5) years experience of direct leadership and cross functional team guidance.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s degree, MBA, and/or JD.
- Experience interpreting and administering collective bargaining agreements.
- Human Resources experience with a retailer in both the field and corporate setting.
- Experience guiding HR activities within mergers, acquisition, joint ventures, and/or divestitures.