$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
East Hanover, NJ 07936
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
8 - 10 years
Posted 64 days ago
The Senior Director, HE&OR is an integral member of the HE&OR team and leverages therapeutic and product knowledge of Novartis oncology product(s) to optimize access and reimbursement for pipeline, newly launched, and marketed product(s) in the US. In this role, the Senior Director has responsibility for strategically developing health outcomes research and generating data that demonstrate the economic and humanistic value of Novartis oncology product(s). The Senior Director works on cross-functional teams to support Novartis oncology product(s), serves as a value evidence content expert for assigned product(s), with an emphasis on establishing the value evidence strategy for product(s). Additionally, within the function, this role serves as a resource, to provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to HE&OR colleagues.
• Serve as a manager of HE&OR product leads or project management associates;
o Provide guidance and mentorship for product leads, to ensure that strategy and business impact are clearly articulated in strategic plans and project summaries.
• Independently lead development of strategies and tactics to support department initiated and operational needs.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve business processes and output, lead process improvement initiatives within HE&OR, and/or represent HE&OR in cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
• Assist the EDs and the Vice President of HE&OR in conducting audits on HE&OR activities, to ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and Novartis guidelines.
• Identify and champion best practices in HE&OR.
• Be a resource and provide appropriate coaching and mentoring to HE&OR colleagues
• Mentor fellows rotating through the HE&OR department.
• Doctoral degree (PhD or PharmD, or MD) in related field and experience conducting HEOR research.
(Related fields include: Health Services Research, Health Economics / Economics, Psychometrics, Health Policy, Outcomes Research, and Pharmacy Administration)
• At least 9-10 years experience in outcomes research with a minimum of 3-4 years of pharmaceutical industry-related health economics and outcomes research.
• Demonstrated development and delivery of HE&OR communications for external US audiences (e.g., payers, FDA, academic centers, or IDNs) for multiple product(s)/therapeutic indications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of US payer environment and payer/policy maker evidence needs for access and reimbursement, particularly emerging payment models such as the Oncology Care Model.
• Experience including HE&OR endpoints in Phase IIIB/IV trials, to support the US region.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13