Senior Director, Health, Safety, Environment and QualityApply
Located in Houston, TX.JOB TITLESenior Director, Health, Safety, Environment and QualityCONTRACT TYPERegularPUBLICATION DATE2018-06-13COUNTRYUnited States
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future, this position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Houston, TX.
The Senior Director, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) will develop and implement the strategic HSE plan for personnel and process safety as well as manage an HSE functional staff supporting day-to-day field activities within a Business Unit. This individual will lead and support the HSEQ culture by developing effective partnerships, communicating, facilitating and aligning HSEQ improvements either directly and/or through others.
The Senior Director, HSE will report directly to the Vice President Health, Safety, Environment and Quality; have a dotted line reportingaccountability to the President of the Business Unit (BU); and manage a team of HSE professionals.
- Create and implement the BU HSEQ strategic vision for personnel and process safety while driving a Safety First culture ensuring all BU processes and procedures are consistent.
- Establish HSE plans and programs; assess and measure performance; research and facilitate data-based change; achieve implementation agreement and validation of effectiveness.
- Reinforce a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on best practices and develop initiatives and training programs that are in alliance with Air Liquide's policies and procedures.
- Be the go-to expert on the HSE principles, standards, and concepts for the BU.
- Manage the day-to-day HSE field activities of HSE specialists, including supporting BU plant managers.
- Manage, assess and develop a geographically dispersed team including the structure, processes and procedures.
- Promote a high level of focus on customer satisfaction with both external customers and internal ALUSA customers that exceeds expectations, the reduction of customer and employee HSEQ issues and proactively improving overall customer service.
- Utilize the appropriate resources to implement initiatives while managing to the allocated budget.
- Ensure investigations, reviews and follow-up are completed on time and with high quality.
- Ensure effectiveness of a comprehensive compliance audit program for HSEQ, Operations, Business Process and Supplier Management programs.
- Bachelor's degree required (Engineering discipline preferred); MBA/Master's degree or CSP desired.
- 15+ years of HSE leadership experience in refining, chemical or industrial industries; alternatively, fewer years of HSE experience coupled withstrong operations experience or advanced degrees.
- A demonstrated track record of success achieving objective results in HSE management and implementation, utilization of safety tools and metrics driving continuous improvement, and improving processes and operational effectiveness;
- Proven leadership skills managing a geographically dispersed team.
- Strong knowledge of and extensive experience with HSEQ management and performance improvement systems such as ISO, OHSAS, VPP, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate in a compelling and effective manner both one-on-one and with large audiences across a wide range of cultural, geographic, technical and professional backgrounds.
- Customer focused with a proven ability to build rapport with customers, both internally and externally, and the ability to immediately establish credibility as an HSE leader.
- Excellent statistical, analytical, project management and problem-solving skills.
- A proactive self-starter who works well in a collegial, team-oriented culture.
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time when needed.