Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a scientific team charged with developing peer-reviewed health economic and outcomes evidence in order to establish and maintain Boston Scientific’s leadership in all therapeutic areas of interest, support reimbursement and business and market development, and competitive advantages.
- With close collaboration and integration with business divisions, Medical and Clinical Affairs, and reimbursement and Government Affairs teams, generate Corporate and divisional support for the generation of economic evidence in the form of investment, headcount and the incorporation of health economic evidence into overall product planning processes.
- Collaborate with key opinion leaders and consultants as needed to develop health economics evaluations and lend credibility to industry-sponsored or generated health economics research.
- Collaborate with Corporate, divisional and regional clinical and medical affairs teams to ensure that global health economics and market access considerations are incorporated into clinical trial planning so that it is possible to conduct economic evaluations related to clinical research in multiple countries. This includes but is not limited to protocol/ CRF input, writing analyses plans and coordinating the analysis and reporting of the economic conclusions.
- Demonstrate leadership commitment to capabilities development, a tightknit and supportive team culture and a robust community of practice through regular and collaborative team meetings in which team members can vet analytical plans and study concepts with peers to secure constructive feedback.
- Maintain clear understanding of how local experts communicate and use health economic tools and ensure constant feedback and quality improvement.
- Ensure close collaboration and regular exchange with data analytic function to maximize evidence generation and publication.
- Represent Boston Scientific’s HE COE function with relevant industry and professional associations and other relevant organizations: Represent and promote Boston Scientific as a leader in health economic evidence generation. When possible, seek leadership roles in organizations like HTAi and ISPOR.
What we’re looking for:
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in health economics or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience health economics or related field, preferably in industry.
- Strong bibliography of high quality, peer-reviewed published evidence.
- Experience leading and managing a team of specialized professionals.
- Capable of developing and assessing analytical plans, evidence generation strategies and publication plans.
- Must have experience and be able to assess the health economics capabilities of others in the following areas: healthcare claims analyses, health economic modeling, cost effectiveness analysis, real world evidence study designs, budget impact modeling.
- 5-10 years of leadership experience in either medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven track record of securing investment in health economic evidence generation.