• Lead and manage effective relationships with US Key Opinion Leaders
• Lead US Medical Affairs team, including training and development of staff.
• Ensure appropriate allocation of resources across the TESARO brands and pipeline, in line with Brand, corporate strategies and priorities.
• Network extensively to develop long-term strategic partnerships with thought leaders both internally and externally, in support of TESARO’s vision.
• Represent TESARO at medical meetings, advisory boards and outreach meetings as needed/appropriate.
• Contribute to and collaborate with clinical development with regards to ongoing or planned interventional clinical trials (phase 1-3) as needed.
• Actively contribute to the development of Global Medical Affairs Plans on TESARO assets and ensure that US plans and their respective execution is aligned with Global Medical Affairs Plans/Strategy.
• MD or DO with board certification and /or board eligibility in medical oncology. US State Licensure to practice medicine is desirable.
• At least 5 years of successful academic work in medical oncology/clinical research with focus and strong track record in gynecologic oncology and/or clinical research in Breast or Lung Cancer.
• Solid personal and professional relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in medical oncology. Strong credibility within the US medical community which includes the ability to reach out to key thought leaders in academia.
• Strong working knowledge of the clinical drug development process in the USA.
• Track record in the conduct/participation in clinical trials (investigator initiated, company sponsored or cooperative group trials) and their subsequent publications.