The Senior Director will be a detail-oriented and data-driven leader with strategic insight, strong business acumen and progressive thought process that boasts a successful track record of building relationships & leading complex projects. The Senior Director must also possess the ability to properly and efficiently articulate a message and preserve the organization’s core values while maintaining accountability and integrity.
- Be the lead point of contact for moving grid modernization and innovation projects forwards with the regulated business:
- Partner with Strategy and Business Development on the development & implementation of Liberty’s Innovation Framework
- Ensuring deployment of new products and services across the regulated services business, in line with pre-approved business cases in partnership with Business Development. Ensuring any innovation projects developed by the regulated business align to the Innovation Framework and governance.
- Working with the local teams to engage with regulators to educate them on plans, and secure approval/funding to proceed
- Ensuring new products are moved forwards in cooperation with a complimentary regulatory strategy (i.e. community solar, community wind, thermal storage…)
- Be the central point of contact for advancing ideas within the regulated services team
- Deployment of new Innovation products & services in line with business cases
- Partner with the data analytics team as necessary to support with identifying, justifying, implementing & measuring solutions
- Help develop an enterprise roadmap and narrative, to articulate to employees, customers & regulators all the actions Liberty is taking to support customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Partner closely with leadership to implement new programs, technologies and strategies to improve the services Liberty provides to customers.
- Lead the capture, measurement and optimization of key performance indicators to be implemented to gauge the effectiveness of new solutions
- Monitor national and industry best practices and trends to tailor strategies to ensure Liberty continues to be seen as an innovative leader
- Analyze and interpret data to make recommendations to activities, while promoting regulatory compliance
- Partners with all organizational departments, as necessary, to implement strategic initiatives
- Acts as the highest point of escalation for front end operational program issues
- Regularly report to VP, Executive Team and Steering Committee on program execution and KPIs
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a leadership/process improvement capacity partnering with cross-business, or cross-functional teams
- Electrical Engineering Degree or relevant experience preferred
- Experience working/executing in an innovation-oriented mindset business environment
- Prior grid modernization or innovation experience in the utility industry is highly desired
- Experience of project & portfolio management is highly desired
- · Thrives in a fast-moving, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong leadership skills – able to lead and mentor effectively within a matrix organization
- · Experience leading through organizational growth phases