Req. ID: 143182
Micron Technology's vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
Micron Technology, Inc. is actively searching for a demonstrated leader to design, build, implement, lead, and measure our Global Talent Development programs. Critical to this role are building upon and strategically shaping existing material, while augmenting areas that are underdeveloped today.
As the Senior Director of Global Talent Development, you enable our team members and leaders to drive business outcomes that help us deliver to our vision and mission. You will define global strategies for Micron's talent development programs that are aligned to our high-performance driven culture and designed to attract and retain top talent. Programs you will be responsible for include Leadership Development, Talent Development, Performance Management, Succession Planning and Team Development. Successful execution of these programs requires significant coordination and collaboration with all HR functions as well as customers and key partners around the globe. You will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Defining comprehensive program strategies and execution plans for Leader Development, Talent Development, Performance Management, Succession Planning and Team Development
- Driving and delivering an organizational approach to learning and development including leadership and team member development, performance management coaching, measurement and reporting aligned to Micron's values
- Developing strategies to ensure functional authorities have the skills they need to lead and innovate across political, social and cultural boundaries
- Developing sustainable, long-term strategic goals and outcomes that build diverse, innovating leadership capable of delivering operational efficiency, continual improvement, and industry leading quality
- Designing and evaluating talent development programs that are differentiating, including talent reviews, performance management, promotions process, organizational planning, and talent reskilling
- Building strong relationships within HR and with key partners to understand their business requirements and develop solutions accordingly
- Demonstrating strong leadership through effective team management and coaching
- Building systemic processes that enhance our capability to identify the internal talent pipeline, as well as retain top talent through additional development opportunities
- Creating a growth mindset culture and desire for people to take ownership for their own development
- Establishing Talent Development metrics and goals that measure the quality and effectiveness of our Talent Development programs
- 10+ years' experience managing HR practices or programs with bachelor's degree in HR Management, business or related field
- 5+ years' experience in a large scale, multinational, culturally diverse company working on complex projects or programs with demonstrated results
- Previously demonstrated success in the strategy, design and execution of talent and leadership development programs, having enabled leaders in a highly competitive, rapidly-changing global industry, leading to measurable business outcomes
- A solid understanding of how to move high-potential executives through the leadership curve, effectively equipping them with the right skills to succeed
- In-depth knowledge of regional cultural nuances that reflect a deep local understanding within a global context
- Experience leading globally-attuned thinking and collaboration that bridges cultural gaps, while engaging all team members in development
- An outstanding background in Learning and Development and Performance Management gained within a corporate or consulting environment
- A successful track record in developing and implementing key talent initiatives across large, evolving organizations while effectively involving strategic partners
- Strong key partner management and relationship management skills with the ability to motivate change across a global organization
- A demonstrable track record of involving leaders in the development of their talent
- Confirmed people leadership capability with direct management experience
- Strong global, multinational cultural experience
- Multi-lingual skills in English, Japanese, and/or Chinese helpful
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry's broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today's major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center/Activity rooms (Boise/San Jose only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran's status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.