Summary of Responsibilities:
Sodexo's Health Care business segment is seeking a qualified strategy leader and professional for our North American portfolio. The Senior Director Strategy will be responsible for supporting the Senior Vice President Strategy, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the rest of the Leadership Team of Sodexo's Global Healthcare Segment with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining strategic initiatives. The Senior Director Strategy will be responsible for the analysis, development, delivery and continued evolution of near, mid and long-term Healthcare business strategy and of a Strategic Plan that facilitates the delivery of sustainable, profitable growth in line with internal 3-5-year ambition and market commitments. With particular focus on the business in NORAM (North America, i.e. USA and Canada), the Senior Director Strategy will be responsible for driving the Strategic Planning process, the preparation of the Strategic Reviews, the Market & Competition Intelligence, as well as for select partnerships and special projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assess and monitor market and competition trends, build the intimate knowledge of the Healthcare market, and identify risks to current service offers and opportunities to build or acquire into new markets or services: including but not limited to assessing the current and future competitor landscape (traditional competitors and disruptors), working in close collaboration with Healthcare Marketing to form strategies to address opportunities to further build service/market share and profitable growth.
- Work in close partnership with North America Healthcare Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to drive the strategic planning activities, in line with the Global Healthcare strategic planning process: from defining and continuously adjusting the 5-year strategic plan ambition and key initiatives for Healthcare North America; to preparing the quarterly strategic reviews with the Global Healthcare Leadership; to driving deep dive analysis and strategic assessment on specific topics of relevance for Healthcare North America.
- Form the acquisition strategies for Healthcare North America to enable strategic ambition in key areas, inclusive of leading participation in acquisition assessments, due diligence and engagement with Sodexo Group.
- Actively work in partnership with the SVP Marketing, SVP Ops Support and SVP Transformation to form the collective execution and operating plan for Healthcare North America to underpin the delivery and operation of the Healthcare Strategy, inclusive of recognizing and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Lead specific initiatives instrumental to the implementation of the Healthcare North American strategy or Global Healthcare Strategy, that could include partnerships development, pilots, special projects.
- The successful candidate must have the demonstrated skills and qualifications to execute on the following:
- Healthcare experience: a minimum of 5 years work experience in the Healthcare sector in North America ( US and Canada); deep understanding of the key trends and challenges facing the Healthcare sector.
- 7-10 years experience with strategic planning or partnership development in Healthcare, in consulting or in a Healthcare provider or payor within US and Canada .
- Experience formulating and deciding strategy for a comparable business. Experience in corporate setting preferred.
- Business acumen: understanding of business drivers & levers that can be pulled to grow top and bottom line.
- Strong analytical and problem solving;
- Ability to develop complex financial analysis and business plans;
- Good project management skills
- Independence of mind combined with sound business judgement;
- Good interpersonal skills to engage company executives;
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- Strong team management;
- A demonstrated track record of achievement in their career to date and with a proven ability to deliver.
- Ability to work at all levels within the organization.
Implements strategic Global projects linked to the Education strategy, transformation agenda, and initiatives identified in the Group strategy map including but not limited to:
• Global initiatives in Universities and Schools around key sub-segments
• Sales effectiveness and competitiveness
Undertakes strategic analyses for the segment; distilling key insights from complex data and defining the contribution for business decisions. Builds open and effective relationships with all key stakeholders.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 10 years
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years of experience in strategic planning, business development, strategic controlling or audit
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.