The Senior Director, Global Privacy, will own and provide thought leadership for establishing a global Privacy program for DocuSign that ensures that the company practices, policies, processes, and procedures are performed in accordance with applicable privacy, data protection and compliance laws. The role will oversee privacy governance and initiatives, develop policy and controls, and mature privacy operations at a global scale to maintain an effective privacy program in partnership with x-functional functions including Legal, Engineering, Compliance, and Information Security.
This position is a People Manager and reports to the Vice President of Global Operations.
- Manage and evolve DocuSign's Privacy Program, including developing and executing a comprehensive privacy governance and risk-based strategy by working with cross-functional partners across the organization
- Manage and lead discussions on compliance with privacy controls, risks, performance of gap assessments, identify, develop and implement critical mitigation and remediation efforts
- Management of global privacy initiatives related to protecting data, data handling, acceptable use and consent. Provide guidance on data management from a retention and user rights to data access perspective
- Collaborate with x-functional teams to identify any legal and privacy issues for product functionality and upgrades. Conduct post mortem on privacy related incidents
- Assist with the internal and external communications awareness strategy for DocuSign's Privacy Program. Engage in a wide range of activities aimed at managing and enhancing the privacy program, including design and implementation of FAQs and training videos to communicate DocuSign's privacy strategy
- Support ongoing privacy monitoring and assurance efforts and manage breach notifications required by federal, state and international law, serving as liaison with regulatory agencies
- Provide strategic advice to our cross-functional partners with a focus on innovative approaches to privacy risk management and compliance
- Coordinate with various cross-functional groups to upgrade privacy controls and make sure they are periodically tested to determine their design and operating effectiveness
- A college degree in a business or technical field. (BA/BS)
- Minimum of 10 years in advising internal/external clients around privacy and data protection
- Privacy certification (e.g. CIPP or CIPM or similar)
- 5+ years of Management Experience
- Privacy and data protection, information technology/information security experience
- Deep knowledge and experience with GDPR, Privacy directives, CCPA, global privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines
- Knowledge of monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to third party risk and contract management
- Experience with emerging technologies and devices
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, presentation and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to present and explain complex information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and collaboration skills in a highly matrixed environment with the ability to effectively influence, motivate, manage & coach
- Proven track record in contributing to and leading cross functional initiatives to successful outcomes that compel constituents to act