Pharma-Cruiting Executive Search is seeking a Senior Director, Global Learning Strategy & Technology, Instructional Design for a Global Franchise group of companies.
The incumbent will provide strategic leadership in the direction and execution of the operations and resourcing for a global organization of learning professionals to design, develop and deliver learning products and services that optimize organizational readiness, performance, quality and decision making to achieve departmental and organizational business goals and objectives.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to business leaders and stakeholders to enable business goals and outcomes by accelerating the development of critical capabilities needed to drive business success through a productive and engaged workforce.
- Continuously maintain an understanding of key business priorities and processes, partners with key divisional stakeholders to identify performance needs and gaps, directing the design and execution of learning and development strategies across the organization.
- Develop learning strategy and plan for corporate strategic learning initiatives and ensuring learning professionals, course designers, vendor partners, and project teams deliver expected interventions as planned for the organization.
- Collaborate with Operations Leadership to design and implement a Site Launch and Continuous Improvement training strategy to ensure site partners grow, develop and maximize results while maintaining consistent customer experience and operational compliance.
- Define and implement a comprehensive measurement strategy to assess the effectiveness of corporate and site-based learning interventions, quantifying return on value as it aligns to business priorities.
- Manage overall Learning portfolio (business critical and strategic), consult with ELT to ensure fit of current curriculum and qualification of any new projects to the portfolio; identify and manage risks to delivering the portfolio.
- Provide leadership to the departmental management team by establishing a challenging, motivating and collaborative work environment, and building an effective and productive team focused on achieving business objectives.
- Manages resource and succession planning, performance, training, and development planning to maximize the department's performance and motivation.
- Leverage expertise in instructional design and learning technologies, products and services as potential partners and/or enhancements to current service offerings, as appropriate.
Policy & Strategy:
Establishes policies appropriate for the function. Interprets and recommends modifications to company-wide policies and practices. Develops and is responsible for budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
Freedom to Act:
Objectives are defined in collaboration with senior management and results assessed from a relatively long-term perspective.
Interacts with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the company. Conducts business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external management and / or representatives. This role requires strong multi-tiered business acumen, relationship building skills, internal leadership drive and must be highly influential.
Qualifications:Education and Experience:
- Master's degreepreferred. Bachelor's degree minimum and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 15+ years).
- 7+ years of management responsibility
- Advanced leadership skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of learner-centric instructional design and learning technologies
- Expert knowledge of internal systems and business processes to support data-driven decision making
- Proven expertise in the application of project and personnel management principles, including the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and staff members simultaneously
- Highly skilled with design and delivery of learning programs, especially as it applies to clinical trials, clinical development and project management
- Specialty experience in implementing highly successful franchise learning strategies
- Expert ability to understand, present and analyze data in multiple formats for end user and senior leader consumption
- Agile leader with ability to successfully manage and deliver learning portfolio in a fast-paced, complex business environment.
- Results-oriented and credible leadership style with a proven ability to mobilize, inspire productivity, and lead in a multi-disciplinary team setting with a strong emphasis on collaboration across functional groups, including the ability to motivate managers to define and reach team objectives
- Advanced organization and decision-making skills, with strong attention to detail
- Expert financial acumen including budgeting and resource management
- Superior oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing