Lead strategic deal pursuit globally by leading the Strategic Deal Center team. Drive a cohesive strategy to successfully pursue large, complex multi cloud deals. Responsibility includes developing the strategy and framework for multi-cloud pursuit. Developing the operating methodology for the Deal Center Team to assess each individual opportunity and assemble the value proposition and win strategy. Take high level sales objectives, understand the operational implications, develop and roll out implementation plans. Give direction to the teams which are performing strategic deal pursuit operations responsibilities. Build cross-functional relationships with key BU and regional leaders and stakeholders to assemble and drive cross functional sales pursuit teams. Establish relationships with other groups across the organization, including Finance, IT, Support, Marketing, HR and others, to ensure proper deal governance and discipline.
- Continuous development and improvement of the Rackspace proposal content and collateral including an overview of our services and capabilities and positioning of our value proposition. Management of contract negotiation process for complex enterprise deals that require custom contract changes including developing negotiation strategy on key commercial and legal terms such as limitation on liability, indemnification, termination provisions, etc., overseeing and gaining approvals for one offs to the support model. Lead a cross functional and matrixed team of diverse backgrounds from proposal writers to strategic bid managers to technical Solutions Engineers. Create a learning culture with continuous application of lessons learned and pattern recognition from sales experience gained through wins and losses. Develop strong linkages with marketing and ensure usage of the latest collateral with a feedback loop to enhance marketing collateral. Serve as an escalation for Enterprise Sales representatives providing strategic guidance, coaching and resolve issues and remove road blocks in the sales process.
- Expert knowledge of products/services, pricing practices, and selling skills. In-depth knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Effective management skills with ability to manage a major portion of the company's sales operations. Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, human relations, presentation, and organization skills. Ability to communicate technical information and ideas so others will understand. Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions. Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations. Ability to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals. Ability to establish a long-term vision and execute it. A demonstrated ability to think globally and address issues locally while motivating a team to act with speed, commitment, and consistency. Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups. Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- Education - High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, finance, or related field required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 15+ years of experience in sales, business operations, project management or related field, including a minimum of 4 years at the Director level or above. Minimum of 8 years people management experience. Experience in financial operations, financial analysis, quantitative analysis, or IT systems development. Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.