As our Apparel Product Integrity (API) Senior Director, you'll lead Nike Apparel in developing and implementing defect and error prevention systems to enhance consumer satisfaction, minimize quality failure costs and establish Nike as a benchmark in quality. You'll create and communicate the Nike quality vision and strengthen consensus, ownership and accountability for quality with various stakeholders, including Suppliers, Development, Sourcing, Materials and Supply Chain.
You'll implement the latest Quality concepts throughout Nike. You'll also develop API strategic plans, Quality policies and goals and the tasks necessary to achieve them. You'll partner, collaborate and ensure integration with Apparel stakeholders on API strategic direction.
The Sr. Director will review past performance of similar products to identify chronic problems in manufacture and usage to prevent recurrence. You'll ensure that materials and products are properly qualified during commercialization to assure validity of critical specifications and product manufacturability. You'll determine capabilities of critical processes and investigate out-of-control conditions to secure corrective action.
You'll facilitate process control usage by our vendors and suppliers; evaluate quality proficiency of prospective vendors/suppliers and their capability of meeting Nike quality standards; and maintain vendor/supplier Quality manuals to assist vendors/suppliers in following Nike procedures, methods and policies.
This role will lead vendors/suppliers in applying advanced Quality methods in process qualification and control. In addition, you'll guide an efficient and effective Quality Audit system that provides ownership with an accurate and measure of supplier and vendor performance and quality trends and that identifies areas that require corrective action.
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical, textile or apparel field
• MBA is preferred
• 10 years' technical management experience in consumer products industry, with at least 8 years' experience in quality management and 5 years in international management, including Europe, Asia and Latin America
• Experience in textile/apparel industry and product development and manufacturing processes is preferred
• Deep background with quality management systems and defect/error prevention systems
• Ability to develop talent, teamwork and diversity within the team
• Expertise in developing wear testing standards and lab management
• Experience motivating organization-wide strategies for sustainable manufacturing and materials vendors including but not limited to energy, toxics, waste, water, labor
• Experience as a strategic visionary and planner within product integrity or quality assurance