Job Title: Senior Director/General Manager
Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
Owl Cyber Defense is a leader and trusted partner in cyber security. We deliver solutions that protect and connect the world’s most critical networks. Owl’s product lines of cross domain, data diode, and portable media solutions provide the strongest available security checkpoints for threat prevention and secure data availability. Our in-depth expertise in security engineering at the operating system level enables us to help government and commercial customers meet ever-evolving cyber security threats.
Owl Cyber Defenses is seeking an experienced General Manager for our Assured Collaboration Solutions business segment, located in Morrisville, NC. This is a division which is breaking new ground in Cross Domain Solutions for collaborative technologies. In this role, you will be expected to create a plan and execute cross functionally to drive customer, employee, and shareholder value.
The ideal candidate for this position has…
…experience with full P&L responsibilities for a growing business unit.
…experience with strategy through execution for $20M+ lines of business to include all elements of business case development through execution of that business case.
…developed business plans expected to grow >50% year over year while maintaining industry standard margin performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as the site lead for the Raleigh location to ensure profitability for all product families through effective leadership and collaboration with other key stakeholders in the company, including engineering, sales, finance, facilities, physical security and business operations.
- Provide leadership and management to Field Engineering Services team deployed at customer locations performing installation, configuration, and support on key government programs and contracts.
- Provide leadership to cross functional teams, including contractor personnel, to deliver working products.
- Directly supervise the local staff and support them in career development.
- Mentor teach and/or train other team members.
Determine/evaluate and manage ACS resources, technical strategies, tools and scheduling/planning and equipment as it relates to market requirements.
- Communicate and assure that scheduling across multiple product lines is managed properly and supported to ensure success.
- Assess and resolve issues as they develop and bring in resources and equipment as required to deliver expectations in a timely manner.
- Keep management abreast with development status and issues as they develop.
Direct and manage the delivery of multiple concurrent customer projects making detailed plans to accomplish goals and supporting the technical activities.
- Ensure the success of products that deliver customer success as intended in the marketplace.
- Manage product family lifecycle from conception through requirements, design, manufacturing, and integration. Provide leadership in all areas of the product lifecycle to ensure the success of the product family across multiple market verticals.
- Participate in the management of all aspects of product development including requirements analysis, effort estimation and planning, technical investigation, design, design reviews, implementation, unit testing, bug fixing through product release and Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT).
- Work closely with the internal team (Software Development, Production/integration, Test, Program Management, Field Engineering and Sales) to understand customer market requirements and features. Support the development, design, architecture, and test activities by participating as an active stakeholder in engineering design reviews.
- Oversee and review the successful delivery of the technical aspects of the assigned projects including documentation and release procedures as required by the customer.
- Create and deliver procedures and process to the team as it relates to the product management lifecycle and coordinate with the quality organization to ensure compliance with various QMS procedures and ISO standards
- Keep current on product manufacturing assembly and testing practices.
Represent the company as a key management member to US Government customers and industry partners.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience in program management with emphasis on software development and integration efforts.
- Must have a Secret Clearance (Top Secret with additional accesses is preferred).
- Position is based in Raleigh, NC. (Relocation assistance may be considered).
- The position will require travel to customer sites on occasion.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong engineering experience and problem-solving ability in product-based environment (Experience with development of Linux based systems is preferred).
- Familiarity with software development and methodologies from analysis through development and release and maintenance of drivers, services and applications is highly desired.
- Experience with Product Manufacturing Processes.
- Experience working with Scrum and Agile development methodologies and familiar with continuous improvement processes.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with real-time operating systems in a development environment.
- Good understanding of software best practices, related tools, and processes.
- Ability to articulate "the big picture" and offer solutions for improvement.
- Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and within a team in a technical capacity.
- Demonstrated track record as a key contributor on successful products.
- Leadership ability with lead multidisciplinary teams to include 3rd party personnel.
- Can-do attitude and the ability to collaborate with multiple groups and individuals having varied skill sets and experience.
About Owl Cyber Defense Solutions, LLC
Owl Cyber Defense Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing cybersecurity solutions company, holding a firm leadership position in network security and secure information transfer. It is a privately-owned US company with offices in Columbia, MD, Danbury, CT and Morrisville, NC.
Owl Cyber Defense is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer.