We're looking for a Senior Director of Product Management to lead Workday Financials' Core Product Management team. Reporting to our Vice President of Financials Product Management, as a Senior Director at Workday you will drive the strategy and vision for the Financial Core Products including General Ledger, Financial Close, Accounting Center, Assets, and Tax. You will also guide and mentor a team of exceptional Product Managers on a variety of areas as we continue to scale. Throughout all of this you will continue to nurture the autonomous environment we have and help the team strive for excellence in delivering superb customer experiences.
- Foster innovation in the customer experience by combining functional and operational knowledge in domains that relate to all aspects of the Record to Report business flow.
- Influence and drive product strategy, design and capability delivery.
- Direct release and resource planning as well as set roadmaps. Work with Managers to track and report progress against key objectives. Balance resources with task assignments. Ensure on-time and high-quality delivery of capabilities.
- Collaborate and Communicate. Work with the various Spend teams as well as other teams across Workday to align on priorities. Communicate strategy, roadmap, capabilities, and status to customers, prospects, and partners
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks).
- Define metrics for success and failure and analyze and create dashboards for key metrics.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to people leaders and individual contributors. Ensure high productivity of the team members. Provide support for their career growth and personal development.
Experience, Skills & Education:
- 10+ years experience as an enterprise applications product manager and/or implementor.
- 3-5 years of management experience leading or mentoring teams.
- Deep knowledge of financial management, preferably including the record to report flow.
- Proven track record managing the entire product lifecycle: defining business problems, researching user needs, prototyping and testing new solutions, working with design and engineering teams, and prioritizing an Agile development backlog.
- An uncompromising focus on user-centric design, intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our users.
- Demonstrated success leveraging both quantitative insights from user data (the ‘what’) and qualitative insights derived from both short user interviews and deep ethnographic research (the ‘why’).
- An inherently collaborative style that enables you to win hearts and minds of your peers to successfully implement a complex product roadmap, with execution often happening across teams.
- Excellent communications and influencing skills across all levels of a large organization, as well as with external partners and stakeholders.
- The sort of personality who thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing atmosphere.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop a superior team and establish clear ownership and definition of success.
- BA/BS in a computer science, economics or accounting, or related field. MBA or Master’s degree is a plus.