Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that our future is built on positive results and we need strong leadership in place to keep us on the road to success. As the Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), you will be the catalyst for profitable growth across the designated business unit. You’ll also develop and track the strategic plan and create data-driven solutions to improve efficiencies, reduce costs and increase revenue. In this role, you will have the ability to positively affect the company’s long-term outlook, ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to receive a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Oversee the strategy, planning and forecasting, working cross-functionally across multiple departments and business units to develop improved industry intelligence, trends and critical actions required for the next 3 - 5 years
- Build and invest in the FP&A team to ensure focus on critical items, continued growth within multiple layers of talent and drive the interaction to ensure deep understanding of the daily business as well as strategic vision
- Develop critical reporting and metrics to ensure delivery of annual budget while utilizing Oracle, HFM, Oracle Cloud Planning and Power BI
- Align and build partnerships across functional areas to benchmark locations, operational groups and personnel to develop meaningful KPIs to improve performance
- Proactively monitor and report financial performance; interpret weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operating results; investigate and communicate variances and unusual items and evaluate their impact on operations
- Formalize revenue, price reporting and supporting processes to increase profitability and awareness of needed actions
- Central management and SG&A interaction to understand costs, projects and supporting allocations
- Drive continuous improvement culture to interpret facts, coordinate resources, facilitate problem-solving workshops and identify solutions to reduce/eliminate waste
- Collaborate with corporate FP&A to build Monthly Operating Reporting (MOR) processes; standardize templates and consolidate data; construct presentations for companywide MOR/QOR
- Liaise with corporate investor relations on any analysis required during earnings cycle
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years of experience in finance or FP&A
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); ability to create complex formulas and models in Excel with large amounts of data in various formats
- Solid experience with business intelligence (BI) and consolidation (HFM) tools
It’d be great if you also have
- Master's degree (MBA or MS), CFA and/or CPA certification
- Availability to work extended hours, which may occasionally include weekends and holidays
- Availability to travel as needed to various business units, on average 2 - 4 times per quarter
- Transportation or supply chain experience; experience within a corporate office and with field business unit operations
- International work experience
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, apply integrity and accountability to commitments and deliverables
- Proven leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to effectively manage individuals, groups and projects
- Proven ability to prioritize regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, and allocating time and resources to ensure work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame