The Senior Director will build and lead the Financial Planning & Analysis at CytomX. The role will be focused on strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, and management reporting processes. The successful candidate will bring experiences developing and implementing effective processes and partnering with business leaders to effectively develop financial plans and monitor performance in driving company goals.
- Develop and lead CytomX’s financial planning and budgeting process and business performance analysis and reporting, with an eye towards continuous process improvement.
- Lead strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, and management reporting processes to ensure the company meets or exceeds financial goals.
- Provide internal management reporting, including performance evaluation, predictive analyses and rolling forecasts for income statement, balance sheet, and cashflow.
- Develop KPIs to support financial awareness and fiscal responsibility
- Champion a culture of financial business partnering with functional business leaders, fiscal responsibility, and compliance with internal controls.
- Optimize expense management, identify efficiencies, and develop processes and systems to support appropriate control of operational costs across functions.
- Advise and collaborate with the executive team on strategic, financial, and operational decisions as well as risk mitigation.
- Develop financial analyses that deliver insights and recommendations to support decision making.
- Support business development valuation.
- Inform long-term financing needs.
- Other duties and projects assigned as needed.
- BS/BA degree; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years in progressively complex financial leadership roles preferably in the life sciences industry, including experience in publicly traded companies
- Demonstrated success in leading a FP&A organization and influencing business decisions across different levels of the organization.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, results-oriented, hands-on environment at a small to medium size company
- Experience developing financial models, leading analysis & explaining options and implications
- Accounting experience is a plus.
- Comfortable setting the tone for the team, leading others through deadlines, and setting priorities. The candidate must be able to influence and manage the expectations at various levels of the organization.
- Outstanding integrity, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to facilitate interaction with all levels of the organization and outside audiences.
- Strong computer literacy is essential, particularly across all Microsoft Office packages, budget planning tools, ERP systems
- High level of financial problem-solving skills; works effectively to identify issues, gather relevant data, and provide solution-based recommendations
- Ability to explain complex concepts and problems in simple terms, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate conceptual, innovative thinking in forecasting and workforce planning methods and techniques
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize workload for a team or individuals to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adopt and utilize new tools and techniques to improve departmental output
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability and Fun
- Passion for developing and building teams and integrated processes. Interest and experience in helping organizations scale and flourish during periods of growth.
- Excellent listening skills and is open and responsive to new ideas
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical mindset
- Innovative thinking and drive to implementation