Directly manages financial planning and analysis for a designated area of a business unit or department. Works in partnership with a business unit executive and the division Finance Officer, and is responsible for managing a number of highly complex areas such as development of financial forecasts and resource allocation in support of business goals, providing advanced subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance related decisions and providing guidance and counsel in development of long range plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans and timelines and financial outcomes. The area supported and financial analysis should result in significant impact to the organization.
- Manages the development of highly complex and intricate financial forecasts and resource allocation plans in support of division goals for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Provides advanced subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance related decisions for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Provides advanced guidance and counsel in development of long range plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans and timelines and financial outcomes for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Oversees financial aspects of vendor negotiations, funding issues and related efforts.
- Manages the development of highly complex and intricate financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations and performance measures to provide confidence to executives regarding financial decisions for a division with significant scope and a high level of business complexity.
- Oversees Financial and/or other support staff as necessary for department operations.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of external experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics, or at least 7 years of experience internally at Walgreens in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics.
- At least 1 year of experience participating or leading financial forecasting, budgeting, and financial model development processes.
- At least 1 year of experience developing justifications for capital expenditures.
- Experience with GAAP and financial statement analysis.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 4 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or MBA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Preferred certification in Public Accounting as granted by state Accounting Board.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- At least 3 years of experience participating or leading financial forecasting, budgeting, financial model development processes.