IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., is looking for a Senior Director of Finance to support the Vetlab, Rapid Assay, Digital and Telemedicine businesses. This collective of businesses accounts for over $1B in revenue and grew double-digits last year.
Job Description Summary
This position will be the finance lead supporting the multiple General Managers and a lead Corporate Vice President overseeing multiple Lines of Business (LOB). Reporting directly to the VP of Finance for CAG (Companion Animal Group), the role will be focused on elevating the strategic finance competency and business partnering skill sets to advance growth in our In-House Diagnostic offerings while playing a leadership role across finance world-wide. This will require someone to manage a growth oriented business in an entrepreneurial environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs business/functional activities providing products, resources and/or services in support of Company operations.
- Working cross-functionally through the organization, bringing a financial perspective to decision making which advanced growth and return in this business.
- Directs staff through subordinate management, assigning objectives and evaluating results.
- Directs development of budget, operating policies and procedures.
- Participate in and may lead aspects of, the monthly close process which includes reconciliation of internal accounts, comparing actual results to latest financial outlook, and reviewing accuracy of revenue, Gross Margin and expense information.
- Develops various analyses, reports and presentations; performs ad hoc financialforecasting, analysis and modeling and special project support as needed.
- Participates in strategic planning and budget process, leading financial portion of process and analysis.
- Develops financial models to supportbusiness decisions such as: geographical expansion, impact of new technology, acquisition analysis and operating improvements.
- Works with multiple systems for use in information retrieval and analyses including SAP, SAP BPC and Business Objects.
- Identifies and implements processes and improvements in planning, analysis, reporting and monitoring of both financial and non-financial measures. Leverages information technology to automate, streamline and integrate processes.
- Monitors internal control environment. Identifies gaps in controls and supports development of approaches to mitigate exposure.
- Other support as required from business and functions.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired. Mastersdegree or equivalent preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant financialexperience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in Accounting and Financial analysis
- Analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrated unstructured problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand complex business ideas
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Solid MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.)
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- May be required to lift, move and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required may include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with Employees via telephone and in person.
- Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Up to 25% travel may be required
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.