Under general direction of the Vice President, Finance, responsible for providing financial expertise to all AmerisourceBergen Animal Health functions in areas such as financial performance and analysis to support business strategy. Directs modeling, information management and strategic financial activities for the organization. Responsible for overseeing financial reporting, forecasting and providing guidance to strategic decision makers. Provides leadership in project management and execution related financial modeling, key performance indicators, data analysis, and is responsible for the development and implementation of complex technical solutions and/or business models to address business challenges.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees and provides strategic direction to the various financial functions to support AmerisouceBergen Animal Health strategic initiatives.
2. Partners with finance leaders to generate financial analysis and interprets financial information to monitor current performance and forecast future results.
3. Collaborates with Sr. Leadership to develop strategic and long-term business plan.
4. Challenges assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and provides financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
5. Manages and develops 3 (three) direct reports by creating challenging assignments, focusing on staff development and growth, and providing coaching / mentoring opportunities.
6. Responsible for the development of problem solving skills within the Finance organization (including training programs and on the job experience).
7. Oversees the execution of finance strategy, process improvement and change management initiatives.
8. Collaborates with AmerisourceBergen Animal Health senior leaders to support the business unit's financial objectives.
9. Performs ad hoc data modeling and analysis as directed by the Vice President.
10. Develops and maintains expert business knowledge of the applications, processes, and data management requirements supporting AmerisourceBergen Animal Health.
11. Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires advanced training in fields such as business administration, finance, accountancy, mathematics or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program. Normally requires a minimum of 10+ years directly related and progressively responsible experience in analytics, budgeting and forecasting. Skilled in problem solving and decision making. CPA or MBA preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Outstanding analysis, budget process and forecast experience
2. Outstanding problem solving skills and ability to apply the appropriate tools and level of analysis to specific situations
3. Strong decision making, adaptability, flexibility and resilience
4. Good interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization
5. Strong leadership skills to build a high functioning and engaged team
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
7. Strong organizational skills; good attention to detail
8. Strong presentation skills, written and verbal, experience with Essbase, Tableau, Thinkcell and or equivalents highly desired
9. Ability to lead work teams to learn and apply new business skills and techniques