Senior Director Facilities Management - ( 19000DSV )
Description At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work , our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
The Sr. Director, Facilities Management develops and executes overall strategies and operational tactics including programs, policies and procedures and budgetary responsibilities that maximize cost savings and efficiencies for the Field Facilities team. This role will direct and oversee all functions associated with center maintenance and 130+ in-house maintenance technicians and 15+ managers and supervisors. The Sr. Director, Facilities Management develops and maintains professional relationships with all internal and external corporate partners to ensure efficiencies gained by cooperative collaboration.
Key responsibilities include:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities w ith or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Interact professionally and effectively with all professional contacts inside and outside the company with emphasis on company interests, driving collaboration and customer service through verbal and written communication
- Responsible to ensure facilities department meets and exceeds all regulatory and government required training
- Effectively perform various management tasks through the work of subordinate managers, supervisors and associates
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures, continually evaluating methods for safety, cost -saving opportunities, and operating efficiency
- Establish and maintain annual budget, both capital and expense, for areas of concern and responsibility
- Lead the development and implementation of policies and SOP's that provide clear standards and drive accountability of facilities for all locations.
- Oversee Regional Facilities Managers who manage large capital projects, ensuring projects are completed on timeand within budget
Qualifications Key desired skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of energy and facilities management
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Excellent ability to understand the root cause of complex issues and develop comprehensive solutions resolution and long term prevention
- Well-developed business acumen and analysis skills necessary for proper financial management facilities programs including the ability to develop and execute new strategies and operations required to achieve maximized results
- Advanced computer skills are required including MS Office Suite, use of the Internet, and the ability to learn and utilize internal applications.
- Ability to think strategically and develop/execute plans with a strategic perspective
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain collaborative professional relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders including executive/senior management, internal business partners and vendors
- Excellent customer service skills, including negotiation and vendor contract interpretation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to work effectively and independently using strong administrative/problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- 50% travel for center visits, staff meetings, acquisition surveys. Most travel is planned, but emergency travelpossible a few times annually.
- Will directly manage field-based facilities team, to include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, assignmentdelegation, performance management and disciplinary action
- Will indirectly manage non-exempt associates in positions supporting center facilities
While most job functions are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards while in the office, the incumbent will extensively travel nationally, which may include overnight stays. Travel to construction sites may cause exposure to the hazards if appropriate safety procedures are not followed. Ability to climb ladders to access roof or other areas not generally accessible is required.
Education and Experience:
- Ten or more years of successful and progressive career growth with related management experience; including supervising professionals in facilities, design and/or construction related activity. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Able to lead, coach, and mentor staff to achieve unit team continuity and a high degree of employee professionalism
- Must possess organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively interact with and influence personnel at all levels
- Must be able to travel 50%
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Primary Location : US-Oregon-Portland
Job : National Support Center
Organization : NSC
Schedule : Permanent
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time
Travel : No
Job Posting : Aug 12, 2019, 6:24:50 PM