The Senior Director, Expense Management will provide financial expertise to the organization in a leadership capacity. They will set the vision, mission and strategy for the department in alignment with the broader organization.
- Run a department of related but separate functions with overall accountability for output and results.
- Interact with CFO and senior executives within each functional area in Finance and participate in choices impacting the broader Finance function.
- Manage strategic multi-year projects; formulate plans/budgets.
- Provide guidance and input to cross-department initiatives for the broader organization.
- Serve as the escalation point when action is needed from other departments and third parties.
- Serve as representation letter signor and oversee annual financial statement certifications.
- Oversee performance management ratings, goals, and priorities; make merit and bonus determinations.
- Accountable for resource allocation and structure across multiple groups.
- Accountable for budget planning and project spend.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience
- 15 years of accounting/finance experience including ten years of management experience
- Extensive knowledge of assigned business area (e.g. investments, premiums, corporate finance)
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, to diverse audiences
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, Excel and financial business systems
- Preferred: CPA/Advanced Degree