As part of a large, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and managing manufacturing production facility and systems. As the leader of a skilled, interdisciplinary team, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of production of liquid rocket engines for use by internal and external customers. This is a hands-on position that requires strong communication, high judgment, knowledge of mid-rate production, and project management skills. You will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Engines. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of an organization that produces the development and flight engines of launch systems for human spaceflight
- Champion the overall production for existing and new programs while growing the team and bringing a new factory online in a profit and loss environment
- Set requirements for enterprise system improvements related to production as well as development and facilitate activation
- Architecting, developing and implementing manufacturing and business processes to optimize operations
- Analyzing processes and operations at the micro and macro levels followed by implementing high impact improvements for safety, cost savings, and other means to accelerate progress
- Oversee the development and implementation of a data driven systems for scheduling, planning, reporting through dashboards and metrics
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in Operation Management or Manufacturing Engineering and progressive responsibility increases
- Experience leading, managing and growing a geography diverse team on fast-paced projects
- Understands how to create and manage work cell standard work and track deviation from that standard work
- Experience managing capital improvements and layout
- Demonstrated experience leading organizations through large-scale change management initiatives that influence culture, define tools & processes and improve competencies
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills with team, internal customers and suppliers that includes a strong focus on teamwork and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally within a geographically disperse organization.
- An attitude of world-class mission assurance, quality, attention to detail, and dedication.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- 20+ years’ experience in manufacturing experience in aerospace or a closely related industry, such as launch vehicles, aircraft, helicopters, automotive, excavation, mining, energy, or shipbuilding.
- Strong knowledge and applied experiences in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Toyota Production System
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of materials management theories, processes and practices
- Knowledge of fabrication processes, integration processes, systems engineering practices, test, quality and configuration management systems
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution System and Product Lifecycle Manufacturing systems a plus