$80K — $100K *
We are a member of the Daikin Group, the world's largest air conditioning and clean air solutions provider with over $15 Billion in sales and 56,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1924, Daikin has grown into a diversified industrial manufacturing company offering solutions in clean, air, air conditioning, refrigeration, chemicals, oil hydraulics, defense systems and electronics. AAF and Daikin are powered by our investment in people, products, and our processes.
Our culture of continuous improvement, safety, and world class operations is powered by our people centered management philosophy. This philosophy is built around mutual selection: that while AAF seeks top talent people to join and deliver on our team, we also want each team member to receive job satisfaction, growth & development, and continued happiness in being a long term member of the AAF family. This is fueled by our belief in treating our people, our supply partners, our customers and our environment with the trust and respect we each require, and our passion to give back to our community for our success.
AAF International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Senior Director of Engineering will plan, implement and oversee enterprise-wide engineering/manufacturing projects aligned to company strategies. This position represents the company in the planning, execution, reporting and management of multiple projects. The Senior Director is responsible for developing and implementing enterprise-wide project management tools and project management methodologies. Also responsible for Process Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing and plant maintenance across the entire organization.
• Responsible for all aspects of the company’s engineering activities, including process, advanced manufacturing engineering, plant maintenance; delivering projects to agreed specifications within time and budget constraints, and the fostering of innovative solutions to cater to internal and external customer needs.
• Translate company vision into concrete, measurable engineering deliverables.
• Prioritize and direct engineering schedule - balancing the creation of new functionality, immediate needs of existing customers, and augmentation and management of architecture and infrastructure.
• Establish a culture of quality where verification/validation occur at every step.
• Manage the design, procurement and installation of all new manufacturing equipment.
• Manage and enhance all components of OEE (safety, uptime, scrap, production efficiency) on new and existing process and equipment.
• Provide technical leadership and in-depth expertise to AME teams.
• Lead lean culture, ensuring AME supports manufacturing processes to improve quality, process efficiency, and continuous yield improvement.
• Set strategic direction for plant infrastructure needs.
• Develop engineering talent and career ladders, establishing high performance culture.
• Develop IoT team focused on manufacturing executions systems.
• Build out analytics, data, and KPI monitoring significantly and ensure the organization is built to scale.
• Implement a repeatable and reliable process for development of projects to balance business needs with speed and quality of work.
• Analyze business processes and implement improvements.
• Analyze and recommend changes to facility layout and inventory levels to improve flow and performance.
• Develop data collection and monitoring systems to support the continuous improvement of operations.
Valid through: 10/26/2021