MapR is a software product company combining open source with patented, proprietary innovations. MapR has over 600 employees with operations in 11 countries. MapR is headquartered in Silicon Valley. The company is well capitalized having raised more than $200M from top-tier investors Google Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield, NEA and Redpoint Ventures.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
As a member of the MapR Leadership Circle team, the mission of the Senior Director, Database/Streams is to plan, build and deliver innovation in MapR Database and Streams products to make it industry’s most performant, scalable, reliable, secure and easy to use platform for building data-intensive applications.
Objectives include the following:
- Drive new innovation in the Platform and deliver industry-leading capabilities in the MapR Database and MapR Streams products
- Demonstrate success in emerging use-cases via customer, partner and sales engagement
- Develop a strong, empowered and well-rounded team of architect, leads, and engineers that span geographies.
- Hybrid role that combines strong hands-on technical contribution coupled with management
- Contribute to a fun culture
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
Essential expertise includes:
- At least 15years of experience building systems software. A mix of enterprise product like databases/storage and cloud-scale/big-data infrastructure development is ideal.
- Ability to translate market priorities into sound technology strategies and judgments.
- Steady career progression with a good amount of time in the trenches of engineering before moving into management
- Gravitas and a "credibility" with customers
- Strong experience building high-performing teams and grooming talent
- Large network to attract top architects and engineers
- Education must include a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science