PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patients individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor. In principle, this technology can be used to treat any cancer type.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are about eradicating cancer, come join our team!
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Engineering/Facilities who will report to Senior VP Manufacturing and continue advancing PACT’s cutting edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your ideas rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives.
What You Will Do:
Seeking seasoned GMP facilities operations management leader with biotech industry or pharmaceutical industry facilities operations and engineering expertise and technical foundation in engineering.
The facilities management role will provide, engineering knowledge, operational and technical coordination and guidance, and advanced decision-making skills; will do so to optimize facilities expansion increase much-needed lab capacity, office capacity, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Provide strategic oversight for facilities, operations, risk management, buildings and properties with direct updates to the executive management team
- Strategize and lead capital engineering projects and spend
- Be responsible for IQ/OQ/PQ and validation of facilities and manufacturing process
- Oversee EHS for the company and ensure compliance
- Ensure effective communication and project plan alignment between business stakeholders, users, Facilities Operations, maintenance, site services, securities, IT, Procurement, Finance, Legal, HR, and all departments regarding all facilities operation’s issues
- Oversee and manage direct reports and third-party service providers to ensure compliance.
- Manage the direct relationship with landlords and/or property Managers, to ensure correct building maintenance and compliance with the agreements signed in the lease contract
- Ensure compliance with company policy for procurement of facilities services and goods
- Ensure compliance with local law and regulations (Building Taxes, Health and Safety)
- BS or MS in Engineering or related field with 12+ years’ experience in GMP facilities expansion and operational management of office space, GMP lab facilities, utility systems (water, air, HVAC, etc.), IT systems, and equipment management.
- Experience with a biotech/pharma would be desirable, cell therapy is an added plus but not required.
- Expertise in FDA cGMP regulations and requirements for manufacturing-facility utilities that includes understanding of cGMP compliance within controlled space.
- Must be able to work on highly complex problems in a variety of situations where analysis is required. Solve problems using considerable and rational judgement, leading to routine and specific recommendations.
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing large capital engineering projects and facilities in a corporate environment
- Must be an experienced leader with extensive experience of involvement with senior management
- Experience managing budgets and ensure projects stay within budget
- Experience with work order systems implementation and operation
- Experience in the following areas; EH&S, IQ, OQ, PQ, validation
- Knowledge and experience working within the pharmaceutical or highly regulated sector
- Ability to develop schemes, systems, and programs for continuous improvement
- Experience with building/office moves
- EHS and Engineering experience is a plus
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status