$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Nike, Inc.'s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world's most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
The Sr. Director of Employee Relations for North America and Converse Brand will drive an innovative Employee Relations (ER) strategy to provide creative, proactive ER support and solutions within the assigned geographic areas and/or business units, with an emphasis on strategic partnership, the identification, analysis and resolution of complex ER issues, high-level ER investigations, performance management, proactive training, and data trends and analytics.
- Develop and drive an effective, proactive, integrated ER strategy that aligns with the Company's vision and business strategies
- Identify needs, develop, and effectively recommend creative solutions to complex issues
- Identify opportunities for change management with the ER team and the HR function, and conceptualize and take action to lead and implement new approaches
- Operate independently with a broad perspective, strong interpersonal skills, and good judgment
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly, succinctly, and persuasively to all levels in the organization, including executive management
- Possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing heavy workload and handling multiple matters in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
- Possess strong data/analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret information, and identify trends
- Possess extraordinary coaching, counseling, and conflict resolution skills
- Influence outcomes through respectful advocacy and persuasion
- Demonstrate ability to work within a team and partner/collaborate effectively with both business and HR stakeholders
- Demonstrate considerable ability to lead and facilitate training/presentations to audiences of various sizes and levels.
- Assist in the development, implementation, interpretation, and administration of employee relations policies and procedures to ensure compliance and steward Company culture
- Lead team of approximately 15 that includes ER Directors, Managers, and Specialists
- Craft strategies for resolving employee issues, identifying cultural challenges, and enabling forward progress after specific issue resolution
- Take actions to minimize the adverse impact of proposed business realignments
- Conduct timely, objective, and thorough high-level/complex internal investigations and lead the effectiveness of investigations conducted by the team
- Ensure that all employee matters are handled with a consistent and disciplined approach that is aligned with Employee Relations vision and values
- Possess strong knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- Consult, coach, and influence all levels of management, including executive management, regarding critical and complex employee relations decisions
- Collaborate with respective HR Business Partners and managers in supporting the process and administration of organizational changes
- Monitor and audit team to ensure investigative protocol and case management entry is consistently followed and investigation outcomes are appropriate, consistent, and timely.
- Partner with fellow Sr. Director Global Employee Relations and VP, Employee Relations, as well as legal counsel to resolve complex issues and prepare for pending litigation when it arises.
- Masters Degree in Human Resources, Labor & Industrial Relations (or related field) or JD, with employment law practice (either private or in-house) required.
- 8-10 years direct employee relations experience, including significant managerial experience
- Large corporation (20,000+ employees) HR/ER experience
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations
- Project management experience involving concept development through implementation and measurement stages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong coaching and influencing skills
Valid Through: 2019-11-8