Cvent’s rapidly growing Software Engineering team is seeking to hire a Senior Director or Director of Software Engineering. This role focuses on the design, development, and process oversight of our software platform solutions. Applying a strong technical and product lifecycle understanding, the Director partners with Product Management, developers and technology operations teams to create and maintain Cvent cloud-based/mobile software.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage multiple teams that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- Apply extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications and databases according to provided requirements.
- Guide teams to build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Regularly interact across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met.
- Be the Draper office leader - drive engagement, build and manage a unique culture, and be a mentor figure to all employees.
What You Need for this Position
- BS or MSdegree or equivalent work experience relevant to functional area. 7+ year’s software engineeringexperience, 4+ years in technical leadership role.
- High proficiency in cloud design and deployment models including automation, orchestration and scale
- Proficiency in Java and/or Oracle desired
- Experience building robust and scalable distributed systems and experience with multi-tiered production application deployments
- Strong organization skills, experience working across large multi-functional teams with indirect influence
- Proficient in Secure coding practices