BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
The Senior Director / Director, Head of Global Pricing will be an integral part of the ex-China global Market Access team and report directly into the VP of Market Access, ex-China.
The position is responsible for the development and management of the BeiGene global pricing strategy in the marketplace including price bands and gross to net oversight. A solid understanding of pharmaceutical economics and wholesale dynamic pricing, in all markets in which BeiGene operates, is required. Multiple pricing designs need to be deployed to serve the diverse customer base and to be market competitive, allowing BeiGene to achieve commercial success. The position must collaborate heavily with Commercial leadership, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, and Finance teams globally, regionally and, from time to time, locally.
The Senior Director / Director, Head of Pricing will be responsible for International Reference Pricing (IRP), margin/profitability, pricing systems, pricing analytics, pricing governance (Global Pricing Committee Chair), and leading a cross functional team responsible for overall strategy and direction, specific customer pricing contracts, and daily execution of pricing and price changes.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Build new, first time capability for Global Pricing within BeiGene, align stakeholders, exhibit strong cross functional collaboration, demonstrate ability to evolve and expand at the appropriate time as the number of BeiGene commercial products grow.
- Leadership role in coordinating and defining processes regarding Global Price governance and management – direct management of EU, US, Canada and functional integration with new markets and China.
- Develop the overall pricing strategy, in keeping with the corporate principles, oversee the pricing processes for BeiGene products, provide support to all facets of the commercial organizations on all matters relating to pricing, contracts, and profitability.
- Study and develop familiarity with pharmaceutical economics and regulations which impact pricing in all markets in which BeiGene currently, or in the future, will operate. Research various pricing theories, developments, and trends in the marketplace that could enhance or positively impact product access. Lead the organization to tailor the global pricing for all of its in-market and near-market assets.
- Partner and support Regional MA leaders in developing models and analyses for commercial pricing segments, customer bids, and all pricing elements, including gross to net. Lead analyses of global IRP implications and profitability of global pricing strategy.
- Implement a new pricing system and advanced pricing science and other analytics for more effective establishment of price and potential price changes.
- Manage and direct pricing personnel/consultants to effectively monitor pricing trends for the changing customer and competitor landscape in the pharmaceutical marketplace in all of the markets in which BeiGene operates or that impacts those markets through international price referencing.
- Accountable to develop and maintain SOPs, SOX, system integrity, governance, and compliance with all local government regulations for the Pricing Department.
- Expand knowledge and experience by regular engagement with key stakeholders to understand business processes, policies, strategies, and evolving business trends.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- The individual will lead the Global pricing committee and develop new processes and governance in building this 1st time capability at BeiGene.
- Minimum of 15 years of related pharmaceutical experience is necessary with at least 5 years of direct experience in a Global Pricing function.
- Understanding of global Pricing landscape, including the interrelation of various Region pricing guidelines, HTA and national reimbursement process and requirements.
- Strong understanding of EU, US, Canada regional pricing requirements for coverage and reimbursement with the ability to manage complex cases and successfully address customer objections and questions.
- High skill levels in cross functional collaborations and teams, strong leadership and presentations skills with leadership across commercial and scientific team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills, ability to synthesize data, interpret and translate into compelling and clear commercial strategies and plans.
- Executive presence and ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization including Executive leadership team members.
- Expertise and understanding of dynamic global market access value models such as value-based propositions and cost effectiveness models, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure, strong initiative, strategic thinking and ability to manage complex business situations.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and ability to identify marketplace trends and impact.
- Strong customer focus and interaction skills.
- Capability of executing projects in timely fashion, getting things done rapidly.