Macy's is looking for an experienced leader to build and scale our Digital & Product Analytics organization. The Digital & Product Analytics team partners closely with the Product Management and Site Merchandising teams to drive business results through a compelling and delightful shopping experience for our customers. You are a great fit if you have experience working with cross-functional teams, creating a data-driven culture and you're passionate about retail. We're looking for someone who has technical, analytical and leadership skills to surface meaningful insights and the interpersonal skills to communicate the insights in a compelling, relevant way. The ideal candidate not only has expertise in product & digital analytics, but he or she has track record of building strong teams and driving a cultural change to support data-driven decision-making. Perform other duties as assigned.
Data Collection, Analysis & Communication
- Bring the vision: Create a roadmap for effectively supporting the analytics needs of our digital business, including building a great team, scaling processes and tools and education of partner teams.
- Bring your expertise: Leverage your expertise in digital & product analytics to create scalable processes for tracking the impact of new features on our business. Your team is responsible for understanding what is being measured and why and designing scalable, accurate ways to measure it.
- Provide analysis for the prioritization of new features in consideration.
- Manage the design, execution and analysis of A/B and multi-variate testing programs to support both new features and optimization of existing capabilities.
- Own the collection and reporting of critical metrics to all teams, up to and including the implementation, management and ownership of Adobe Analytics and our in-house experimentation tool.
- Envision, execute and maintain a self-service approach to our Product and Site Merchant teams' most common analytical needs, including leveraging Adobe Analytics existing suite of reports, custom reports, colleague training and support.
Team Leadership & Growth
- Grow the Digital & Product Analytics team, both in size and in talent development, to meet the needs of our fast-paced organization with a hunger for data and great analysis.
- Set a high bar for individual performance and take an active role in supporting and coaching team members.
- Promote diversity and inclusion in all interactions and in hiring.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Digital Business and Finance leadership to identity opportunities to leverage analytics to drive growth and smarter decision-making across our organization.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience leading analytics, ideally in e-commerce and/or digital.
- Proven ability to deliver actionable insights to all levels of a large organization. Your ability to "tell the story" is critical.
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis (experimentation, hypothesis testing, regressions.)
- Expertise in SQL, data manipulation; experience with visualization platforms a plus.
- Experience using Adobe Analytics is ideal.
- Proven track record of building high performing teams, mentoring others and coaching colleagues to reach their greatest potential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.