Under the direction of the Associate or Vice Chair, oversee all aspects of philanthropic activity for a variety of clinical programs (or Institutes). Carry personal portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, manage development staff as appropriate, and build a culture of philanthropy among caregivers. Become familiar with respective clinical areas and serve as the lead content expert on the philanthropic needs. Engage volunteers in philanthropic activities and manage administrative duties. Work closely with Hospital president, Foundation board, Women’s Board, Service League and volunteers; and should have a knowledge of the community and its corporate and philanthropic leadership. Preferred candidates will have a demonstrated track record of closing major gifts.
- Sets vision and implementation strategies for the generation of philanthropy funds for Cleveland Clinic priorities.
- Achieves significant dollar goals and is responsible for the success of campaigns for capital, programmatic, research, endowment and operating support for Cleveland Clinic.
- Responsible for the overall management of the area and supervises all Directors and Assistant Directors in the area.
- Establishes a program of personal visits with past, current and prospective donors.
- Advises donors as to the financial options available, projects and needs.
- Develops funding proposals. Responsible for complete transfer of funds, property, etc. to Cleveland Clinic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degreerequired.
- Master's Degree in nonprofit management, business, public administration and management or higher education management may offset some experience.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to establish and maintain friendly and cooperative relations with individuals contacted during the course of work (e.g., executives, donors, staff physician, colleagues, etc.).
- Ability to perform well in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of planned giving vehicles preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in fundraising, with an emphasis on direct major gift solicitation in a campaign environment.
- Experience in sales or other related field may offset total years of experience.
- Demonstrated success and experience in major gifts fundraising strategies for cultivation and direct solicitation.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage major gift officers and development professionals. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High stress and multi-tasking environment; extended work days; travel.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting. Good visual ability through normal or corrected vision.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.