Are you a leader who has Developer Relations experience? Do you get excited by the opportunity to develop a team, processes and programs from the ground up? Do you get a thrill out of seeing your innovations have an impact across a global supply chain? If you answered yes to these questions, we have an opportunity that should prove invigorating for you. We’re seeking a strategic leader who has built a Developer Relations program within an ecosystem and established external credibility within a developer community to help us grow and shape the Developer Relations practice at Tracelink.
TraceLink has proven to be a leader within the pharmaceutical track and trace and serialization industry. We are now venturing into our next endeavor! We have launched a development platform, called the Opus Platform, that will take advantage of our unsurpassed pharmaceutical supply chain network and enable our customers to orchestrate their operations, both internally and with their supply chain partners, so that product can get to patients as efficient and safely as possible. The Opus Platform enables the capability to develop applications that can tap into the connectivity power of the TraceLink Network, leverage existing applications and data, arm our customers with insights into their supply chain that they have never had before, and help the pharmaceutical supply chain create better outcomes for patients.
TraceLink is seeking a Developer Relations Leader to harness their technical and leadership experience to create a team that will build TraceLink’s developer community from the ground up. The Developer Relations Leader will need to demonstrate acute cross-functional leadership skills to build relationships and drive initiatives with the Product Management, Development, Services, TraceLink University, Business Management and Marketing organizations. In partnership with these organizations, you will create content and programs to support our developer community. You will use your ability to build relationships with developers, customers and partners to raise awareness and help them capture the possibilities of innovation by developing on the Opus Platform.
- Create the strategy for forming and growing a global developer advocate program
- Build a global team to focus on the developer experience including developer enablement, support and engagement.
- Launch and lead the Developer Relations program from inception through commercialization into a revenue-driving business line, including building and nurturing an innovative and engaged community where ideas are exchanged both inside and outside of TraceLink
- Partner with the technical writing team to deliver engaging developer content for our blog, video, social media, and other outlets that empowers the developer community to create application
- Lead TraceLink University team to develop a Developer Certification Program
- Grow the TraceLink brand through developer focused programs
- Evangelize product and solutions to community
- Work on cross functional initiatives with product and marketing teams
- Create the tech stack and establish processes to support a fast growing community
- Develop and execute the strategy to increase the number of developers who regularly interact with and build on Opus
- Lead a global team of developer advocates and technical educators to build an active, loyal, and passionate technical community
- Manage the developer journey from website to documentation to tools
- Work with our product marketing team to support product launches and developer education
- Moderate discussions on the Opus Community, ensuring that topics are on point and that questions are responded to well and in a timely fashion (either personally or through the community participants)
- Capture, analyze, and share relevant developer insights with the product and engineering teams
- Act as the “Voice of the Developer” by championing developers with internal teams, translating developer needs into prioritized feature development
- Develop and capture KPIs to drive continuous improvement and the success of Developer Relations
- Drive the Developer Relations Team to meet set goals and have a culture of continuous improvement
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to launch new services, features, and enhancements effectively through the developer community
- Look to grow and discover new ways to better serve the TraceLink technical community
- Combined 10+ years of experience and demonstrated success in leadership as a Developer and in Developer Relations roles, either within a developer-product / API focused company preferably SaaS environment
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a technical field preferably CS or Software Engineering are most applicable
- Demonstrates an ability to get buy-in from both direct reports and cross-functional teams
- Excellent team skills with demonstrated enthusiasm and ability to lead in highly cross-functional, globally diverse organizations
- Driving collaboration across engineering, analytics, marketing, design and other key stakeholders
- Delivering results in a fast paced, agile environment
- Proven leadership ability in a senior manager capacity and/or project lead that involved hands-on leadership, coaching and mentoring
- A love of developer products and tools with a strong desire to engage with the developer community
- Experience in software development / programming and coding to APIs with a strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills and demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to both technical and business users
- An equally strong drive to listen to developer customers and translate their needs back to internal teams
- Experience with company-wide program implementation.
- Ability to work with ambiguous concepts and bring real programs to fruition
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or another regulated industry is a plus