As part of Ralph Lauren's Global Analytics & Reporting organization, the Sr. Director of Data Science will build and lead the Enterprise's advanced analytics function by building and integrating pragmatic data science principles and products throughout the Company. The Data Science team, led by the Sr. Director of Data Science, will focus on decision science analyses to support and inform strategy and key business decisions and building advanced data products to help enable more data-enhanced decision support. The Senior Director of Data Science will provide technical leadership and end-to-end management for various products and projects, leading a small, newly formed data science practice at Ralph Lauren. This role will report to the VP of Analytics & Reporting and will be located in New Jersey.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and evolve center of excellence for data science and advanced analytics for the Ralph Lauren enterprise
- Provide methodological leadership within a small team of Data Scientists in the design and execution of advanced data exploration, mining, inference, models and systems utilizing multiple traditional and non-traditional data sets
- Manage end-to-end product management of data science assets, which will include a mix of operational algorithms, decision support reporting & dashboard inputs, and ad-hoc queries and insights
- Develop and deliver high-impact tools and insights comprised of aggregated data sets and advanced algorithms with a clean user experience
- Drive the collection and manipulation of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Work closely with Analytics & Reporting team members to obtain user requirements and perform problem interpretation and translation.
- Work closely with data platform engineers for the management of required data sets and tools.
- Work closely with members across Technology function to understand business strategy, source systems and data, and approach for technical product delivery
- Translate and explain complex solutions and methodologies to all levels of the organization
- Create process in tandem with VP of Analytics and Reporting for prioritization of initiatives
- Manage 3rd party data science services, as required
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Must be self-motivated/self-starter with the ability to work independently to resolve issues/problems, sometimes with limited information
- Flexibility in adjusting and reprioritizing in order to meet changing needs in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong project management skills; proven track record of overseeing and delivering data science outputs in a large organization
- Ability to take complex solutions and interpret results to all levels of the organization
- Ability to credibly advocate, promote, and influence use of data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning for better decision-making across the organization.