About the Role:
An ideal Senior Director, Product Data Management should have demonstrated experience in managing and/or collaborating with engineers, designers, data scientists, machine learning practitioners and researchers to deliver great products and solutions. A successful leader in this role would require strong executive presence, ability to work effectively with remote teams and a proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results. You also need to show high collaboration, for both your stakeholders as well as your colleagues.
About the Team:
The Data Engineering organization’s mission is to enable member delight, ensure reliability and create asymmetric value for our members and company through data and advanced analytics. Our team strives to build a deep knowledge of Peloton’s members, so that we can inspire data-informed decision-making and maximize the impact of data on business outcomes and enhance member delight.
- As the first hire in Data Product Management you will build, lead and hold a team of Data Product Managers accountable for the development of a unified roadmap that will become the foundation of our data and advanced analytics platform at Peloton.
- Define OKRs for Peloton’s data platforms and drive the team towards meeting or achieving those OKRs. This includes being accountable for individual OKRs of all Product Managers within the Data organization.
- Be an effective leader who solves for stakeholder’s needs. We expect you to build enough business context to effectively partner and collaborate with many types of stakeholders, including engineers, analysts, and leaders from different teams and functions. Stakeholders include Data Science, Machine Learning, Risk and Compliance, Business Intelligence, Revenue Analytics, Product Intelligence, Member analytics, Finance, etc.
- Manage and support Product Managers in your product group, providing them with guidance and mentorship to maximize their potential.
- Continue to strive for innovation. Be aware of developments that are happening in the data platform and advanced analytics space. Help us be conscious of the trade offs between build vs. buy, and guide us to make informed plans. Build strategic partnerships with global companies that will give us a competitive edge.
- Be execution and delivery-driven. We care about delivering efficient solutions fast.
- You will build a shared product vision and roadmap and execute on it.