Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and deploy a world class campaign management process.
- Work with the Analytics leaders in the development of customer attributes and models that can yield insights into subscriber behaviors and campaign performance.
- Partner with Marketing team leadership to develop an overall contact strategy for the key strategic customer segments with clear business objectives and targets for each segment.
- Manage the identification, evaluation, receipt and compliance of external data for the marketing database. Negotiate and monitor contractual agreements.
- Execute direct marketing campaign plans that support the communication objectives of the clients and integrate with other marketing activities.
- Set priorities within the group and create operational plans to address marketing strategies and objectives.
- Develop and deploy a standard campaign management process, integrating supporting technologies where appropriate
- Develop and maintain a direct marketing campaign calendar.
- Design, develop, test and deploy direct marketing campaigns. Work with marketing stakeholders to execute direct marketing campaigns. This campaign execution activity will include the following:
- Provide input into the development of initial campaign briefs (Project initiation document)
- Deploy campaigns in the campaign management application
- Develop list pull criteria using models or alternative variables
- Review test counts with marketing stakeholders
- Manage and audit campaign suppression
- Execute the campaign and automate where appropriate
- Deliver the communication files and associated reference data to the appropriate channel agent/system
- Build and apply the campaign and offer response rules
- Prepare, validate, evaluate, and distribute the campaign performance reports
- Evaluate and optimize effectiveness of direct marketing campaigns.
- Work with the Marketing stakeholders and the Analytics team to ensure the appropriate test and control frameworks are in place to support campaign and model evaluation.
- Work with the Marketing stakeholders to optimize customer and prospect contact, communications and offers.
- Design, develop and execute response rules to track responses to campaigns and offers.
- Manage the relationship with the IT team and Analytics team to design, develop, deploy and maintain a suite of standard campaign performance reports for tracking direct campaign and offer ROI.
- Monitor and manage the relationship with channel agents (e.g. email vendor) or channel owners (e.g. internal call center) to ensure they meet service and operating level agreements. Serve as the primary relationship owner to these channel agents.
- Work with channel agents and ensure that they have all the required information and data to accurately execute the communications.
- Manage the movement of data to external channel vendors in an efficient and secure manner.
- Manage effective communications between the Marketing Operations function and other SXM teams and partners.
- Manage a team of 13 including: campaign developers, channel managers and project managers and oversee agency relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, mathematics or business; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7-10+ years relevant quantitative research and analysis experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years leadership or management experience
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrated strong relationship-building and communication skills both across an organization and with external partners.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally, especially with Marketing, IT and Analytics teams, successfully influencing others and implementing new strategies and tactics.
- Proven track record of implementing operational excellence (process efficiencies, effective tools and technologies).
- Experience managing external vendors (email, direct mail, telemarketing, etc).
- Proven track record of successfully leading Marketing Operations teams for large-scale, consumer businesses; experience building these teams preferred.