Position at Rosetta Stone Inc
The Sr. Director, Customer Success works cross-functionally within our Language Division to ensure our customers and learners have delightful experiences using our products and services. They are responsible for all post language sales Customer Success activities including implementation, training adoption, product support, customer care, services, live tutoring services, and advocacy.
As Rosetta Stone transitions toward a 100% SaaS model, the Sr. Director will be instrumental in shaping the Customer Success team into an efficient and effective driver of customer satisfaction and lifetime value. Our effectiveness in driving customer success will be measured in intermediate outcomes (e.g., learner usage, customer satisfaction, learner progress toward fluency) and ultimately by impact on the key SaaS metrics of renewal, retention and upsell compared against investment in Customer Success (ROI).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage all post-sales organizations to ensure global support operations are streamlined, efficient, cost-effective and within key metrics targets, leading to consistently positive experiences for customers.
- Be the lead advocate of the customer with Rosetta Stone Product teams, and help drive an increase in overall customer satisfaction and net promoter scores.
- Ownership of customer success metrics including NPS, CSAT, revenue retention, churn, and expansion revenue.
- Maximize customer lifetime value by increasing renewals and reducing churn
- Define customer lifecycle and optimize customer on-boarding, training, success, support, expansion, professional services, and retention processes across all our business verticals.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing around customer communication, advocacy programs, and prospect targeting.
- Work with Product, Sales and Marketing to refine the live tutoring offerings to increase competitiveness and effectiveness in priority geographies and customer verticals.
- Work with sales and other key business stakeholders to forecast customer service and support volume and proactively identify potential challenges in assuring customer satisfaction.
- Ensure call center and support team managers/leads/agents have visibility into current and upcoming marketing plans, offers and campaigns to more closely tie the agents who speak daily to our customers with the sales and marketing organizations.
- Identify process and system improvements to optimize team member performance and the continual improvement of SLA’s.
- Coach and mentor direct reports to develop their potential thereby increasing the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and travel as required.
- 10+ years work experience in a technology or customer service related field
- Understanding of SaaS and recurring revenue business models, preferred
- 10+ years of direct personnel and vendor management
- Mature and seasoned manager with well-developed interpersonal, customer communication, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with development of processes and systems that can automate customer service tasks
- Willingness to travelinternationally (< 10%)
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English language
- Strong ability to work with management teams at various levels of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business
Preferred Skills and/or Education:
- MBA or other advanced business degree
- International business experience
- Experience in large system implementations and organizational transformation
- Experience in B2B and B2C SaaS businesses