Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a Corporate Controller who will be the key leader of the Accounting Department. This person will own Company's Accounting Operations, SEC Compliance, Audit Management and Worldwide GAAP reporting.
This person will report to the VP, Finance and work closely with FP&A and other members of the organization including senior management to ensure accurate accounting and reporting and drive efficiency in operations.
- Own and drive the month end close process and enable accurate and efficient financial results and reporting within tight deadlines
- Manage and develop a multi-level Accounting team of around 10 people Review all SEC filings including 10Q, 10K and keep update to with all disclosure requirements.
- Drive the audit process and manage the external audit relationships ensuring clean audit sign off's and efficient quarterly reviews
- Manage the internal SOX process from design to execution phase and ensure key controls are in place and operating effectively
- Build and grow intercompany relationships to collaboratively work together to resolve month end issues and solve process efficiencies
- Comprehend, translate and represent technical accounting matters to senior management.
- Set up new entities, review consolidated financial statements and provide guidance to the team in all aspects of accounting and operations
- Evaluate and continually improve accounting procedures, processes and systems to ensure standardized close process and efficient operations including AP, AR, Payroll, Equity and Treasury
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/BA degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including Big 4 public accounting experience, experience at a public company, and supervisory experience
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP, including working knowledge of financial disclosure requirements
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with external parties and all levels of staff in a timely fashion
- Tier 1 ERP experience required; Oracle Fusion experience a plus
- Results oriented with an ability to manage the overall project, team and meet stringent deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt to growing organizations and deal with the Company's changing needs and priorities
- This position can be located in either our Point Richmond or Brisbane, CA office and will require travel to the other site as needed
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management's definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.